Bestbullysticks.com

Guest katethegreyt

Guest katethegreyt

I was grateful the last time someone posted about this, and I haven't seen anything on here yet so I thought I'd post this time!

Jumbo 12" bully sticks are back for those who like to get them. I was on the site yesterday, and nothing, then this morning, voila! So there might still be a decent amount in stock.

There is also a coupon code: SAVE5 - it's only for 5% off, but every little bit helps = )

Just ordered a few for my girl plus a LOT of other assorted yummies. She gets a little bored with just bully sticks, so I've got to keep it interesting = ) They also have "giant" beef tendons (the giant ones supposedly last about as long as a regular 12" bully stick) right now as well as elk tendons for any tendon lovers as well as some interesting new pork skin rolls (I think they might be new) that are supposed to be as long lasting as a bully stick.

Enjoy! Love this site = )

Edited by katethegreyt

Guest katethegreyt

Is there a big difference between the regular and "odor free" varieties?

I haven't gotten the "odor free" ones, but I think a few people on here have and have had good results - there's a description somewhere on the site, but I think they are dried longer or in a different environment that minimizes the stink but maintains the flavor = ) I don't find even the regular bully sticks from here to smell all that much, honestly (and I live in a pretty small loft and let our girl have them inside). I just keep them in the freezer in a ziplock or in an air tight container, and I rarely notice the smell once they've been out for a few minutes. Some of the other chews are quite stinky though (trachea? wowsa!)

Edited by katethegreyt

Is there a big difference between the regular and "odor free" varieties?

I just got some of the order free ones from there. They did not smell at all. Wouldn't have even known that Lila was eating anything.

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

My hounds send you their thanks and slurpy kisses ! I got them last time someone mentioned them, along with some lamb lung and they are soooo much nicer than the ones in the stores, cheaper and last a bit longer too :colgate I too got an email notice of the sale and looked for them yesterday and was disappointed when I didn't see them, if you haven't tried these you're missing the boat!.

gallery_13728_3197_7131.jpg

Charla, Mom to Carl ( Bella Monsoon ) 5/2002 - 9/2016 and remembering Gracie Rose ( Cee Bar Xtreme ) 2/2002 - 1/2014

Guest katethegreyt

I buy the odor free ones and smell nothing! I just leave them in the zip lock bags they come in. I do not put them in the freezer, but please tell me why I should.

(I haven't gotten the odor free ones before.) Someone on here said they put them in the freezer if they weren't going to be using them within a couple of weeks, and I just started doing it sometimes. I doubt it really matters, but I stick mine in there sometimes mostly for storage (in the plastic bag they come in) and to keep them where the dog can't smell them. Otherwise I just keep them in their bag and put them in my airtight dog food storage bin. I find putting them in the freezer does minimize the odor more, which isn't bad at all but still noticeable when I keep them just in the storage bin (when I open it).

As for how long they last, my girl usually isn't a crazy chewer and gets bored after a bit, so I'm not sure how long they last her if she just chewed straight through. The jumbo ones are QUITE thick though, so I'd have to imagine they last for a while even for an aggressive chewer.

Edited by katethegreyt

Guest Sunset123

I was grateful the last time someone posted about this, and I haven't seen anything on here yet so I thought I'd post this time!

Jumbo 12" bully sticks are back for those who like to get them. I was on the site yesterday, and nothing, then this morning, voila! So there might still be a decent amount in stock.

There is also a coupon code: SAVE5 - it's only for 5% off, but every little bit helps = )

Just ordered a few for my girl plus a LOT of other assorted yummies. She gets a little bored with just bully sticks, so I've got to keep it interesting = ) They also have "giant" beef tendons (the giant ones supposedly last about as long as a regular 12" bully stick) right now as well as elk tendons for any tendon lovers as well as some interesting new pork skin rolls (I think they might be new) that are supposed to be as long lasting as a bully stick.

Enjoy! Love this site = )

Have you gotten your tendons yet? I'm disappointed with "monster" Angus tendons that I ordered. Arrisa ate it so fast that she got the worst gas ever, along with burps. The Jumbo back straps also weren't tough enough to last more than a few minutes.

I thought it would be nice to get some variety, but I think we're going to have to stick with the jumbo bullies-- they're the only thing strong enough!

On average... how long does it take your hounds to make it through a bully stick?

Mine makes it through a Jumbo in 45 minutes to 2 hours, depending on her level of focus.

I ordered a box of 50 large 6" odor-free bullysticks to split with a friend. Mine like the bullysticks, but I don't like giving them too much at one time. I found that this often leads to stomach upset and loose stools. I didn't particularly care to have to store a half chewed stinky bullystick until the next time they could finish it, that is why I chose 6" over 12".

The last ones I ordered were also from another company and their prices were nearly double of this one, so thank you katethegreyt for posting this.

If you are thinking about ordering a lot of them, thinking your grey will love them...try one first. For whatever reason, my Bella did not want it at all! A tiny little nibble on one end, maybe 10 seconds. It's odd cause the smaller 6 inch ones she will devour! It may have been a different brand though.

Greyhound Collars : www.collartown.ca

Maggie (the human servant), with Miss Bella, racing name "A Star Blackieto"

13380965654_dba9a12b29.jpg

Guest katethegreyt

If you are thinking about ordering a lot of them, thinking your grey will love them...try one first. For whatever reason, my Bella did not want it at all! A tiny little nibble on one end, maybe 10 seconds. It's odd cause the smaller 6 inch ones she will devour! It may have been a different brand though.

Very good idea. I ordered the big dog variety pack the first go round just to see what my girl liked. She definitely enjoys the bully sticks, but she likes some variety or she will just stop messing with the bully sticks. Throw in a trachea or tendon every now and again and she's content.

My girl will sometimes devour a bully stick, then other times she'll chew for about 10 minutes and be done. Usually I try to put them away in a ziplock bag until next time - keeps the odor down, and keeps them nice and fresh for her - seems to help.

Guest katethegreyt

Have you gotten your tendons yet? I'm disappointed with "monster" Angus tendons that I ordered. Arrisa ate it so fast that she got the worst gas ever, along with burps. The Jumbo back straps also weren't tough enough to last more than a few minutes.

I thought it would be nice to get some variety, but I think we're going to have to stick with the jumbo bullies-- they're the only thing strong enough!

Sounds like you have quite the chewer! My girl sometimes puts her mind to it and devours them quickly, but she often leaves them for later. I haven't gotten my stuff in yet, but I'll let you know how my tendons and back straps go! They were supposed to last as long as a regular bully stick, so maybe that's why your girl got through them so quickly. I'll maybe just let my Aoife have half at a time because I'd rather her not have icky gas all day = )

Guest Sunset123

Sounds like you have quite the chewer! My girl sometimes puts her mind to it and devours them quickly, but she often leaves them for later. I haven't gotten my stuff in yet, but I'll let you know how my tendons and back straps go! They were supposed to last as long as a regular bully stick, so maybe that's why your girl got through them so quickly. I'll maybe just let my Aoife have half at a time because I'd rather her not have icky gas all day = )

Yeah, she's surprisingly powerful for such a tiny girl. I have a couple more of the tendons and back straps, so I think I may end up breaking them into smaller pieces and just giving them as snacks.

Guest lala22

New to site, greys and bully sticks. Ziggy, our new 4YO, gets the worst gas from other raw hide bones, so i'm going to give these a try, He's been snubbing his nose at the other treats we give him (Nutro chicken treats that go with his Nutro Chicken kibble the rescue group encouraged us to switch to, his previous owner had him on Kibbles and Bits or something like that) So, I ordered the bully sticks today, but the coupon expired. Got the 12 inch large, out of the jumbo.

Thanks for posting about this!

Guest chimni

I'm new to greyhounds and bullysticks, too. People on here seemed to really like the product so I ordered a pack of 12" jumbo odorless bullysticks. They emailed me with order confirmation right away, which is always nice when you're trying out a new company. Sofia was really excited by the treat. I'd say it took her about 2 hours to get down to the final few inches.

Ours came in the mail last week. The mailman had to knock on the door and ask what a Bully Stick was. He got a kick out of it. We also bought lung and tendons. They all LOVED the lung!

Mom to Bella, Trinity, Cricket, DB, Dabber and Sidewinder
As well as Gizmo, Miles, Pumba, Leo, Toby, Sugar, Smokey, Molly, Jasmine, Axel, Billy, Maggie-Mae, Duncan, Sam (MH King 2019), Bambi, Stella, Bay and "Gerty the cat" at the Bridge

Guest lala22

Ok, i ordered these, but can someone tell me exactly what they are made of?

edited...never mind, i googled it.

Edited by lala22

My order arrived Wednesday. I have to say I am very happy with the quality of these bullysticks, from a visual standpoint that is. The large 6" ones I ordered here are every bit as big diameter wise as the jumbo ones I got from the other company. Best thing I did too was ordering the No Odor ones as compared to the Low Odor ones I ordered from the orther company, these do not smell at all. I also ordered 2 lbs of lamb lung that my dogs are absolutely C-R-A-Z-Y over. I will definately be ordering from this company again.

My order arrived today and the hounds are in heaven! I have never had a problem with smelly bully sticks from this company and I order just the normal jumbo ones, from other places yes, smelly yuck but not from here. Some times they last a couple of hours sometimes a day or two ... just depends. I get the lamb lung too and laugh at the expressions on their faces, it's hound crack, and I use the dust in the bottom of the bag to sprinkle on kibble.

gallery_13728_3197_7131.jpg

Charla, Mom to Carl ( Bella Monsoon ) 5/2002 - 9/2016 and remembering Gracie Rose ( Cee Bar Xtreme ) 2/2002 - 1/2014