My Greyhound Has Repeatedly Bitten Me

Guest GreyMa

I'm so very sorry to see this. Thank you for updating us. I think other new owners will find this very helpful. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Godspeed Jesse--how fortunate you were to find the perfect home where you were understood.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Guest lynne893

My heart breaks for you.

I'm so sorry for your loss, yet so glad for you and Jesse that you were patient and dedicated to him. How lucky you both were.

He knew he was loved.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. What a blessed boy he was to have your family. Hopefully his story will help give hope to others who are dealing with similar issues.

• 6 years later...

11.2020 To follow this thread, my hubby and I are experienced dog owners, But new to Greyhounds.  We adopted our first from Florida and although she had a little growl upon a sleep startle, it passed and she is now bomb proof.  We adopted our second from a local rescue of Mexican racers.  He was sweet but unpredictably growl and launched to bite.  We tried for 6 months until he bit my hubbys face during play :(.    We brought him back and explained he would do best in a non child, single dog home with someone who doesn’t need to fuss on the dog.  The rescue brought us another dog.  Much more social and outgoing, young at 2.  We brought him home and only after we arrived home did she call to tell us he had been returned too!  So we were careful and  got to training.  No furniture, no initiating loves for months....until he came to us to ask.  Lots of “waiting” for treats, food, etc. Yet, he too would wake startle and bare teeth.  At this point he has bared teeth at every person in my home.  Our two teens, and my hubby and I.  It’s been about 6 months.  We’ve spent over a thousand dollars on medical tests to see if that’s the root.  Yesterday while cleaning his eyes and putting in drops, he bite me good on my knuckle, drew blood.  He has an eye allergy it seems, so I’ve been cleaning and doing drops daily.  This time he bit me... I’m done.  Now evetyone in my house is fearful and can’t trust him.  

Im frustrated with the rescue itself because they shouldnt send out dogs that may have medical issues until they are understood or send out dogs that have been returned for behavior without disclosing especially to a family that returned a dog because biting that was aware enough to tell them the dog needed a no family environment.    

Sad day...