Gracey's In Surgery Now

Guest K9Cookies

Happy to see she is home and on the amend.....

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest K9Cookies

I'm so glad the surgery went well and she's home. Did they send good painkillers?

No, only antibiotics. She doesn't seem like she's hurting. Just sleepy tonight.

That is good news! I am glad Gracey came through okay and hope the healing goes well.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I'm glad she's doing well and hopefully her recovery will be as uneventful as her surgery!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest greytkidsmom

Glad that Gracey is safely through surgery and on her way to healing.

Thanks for sharing the picture. Not the picture I had in my head either.

Guest K9Cookies

We had a minor setback yesterday, but everything is OK.

I went to get another cup of coffee and turned around for about 30 seconds. Gracey in that amount of time managed to start licking at the incision and popped a stitch or something. A small piece of fatty tissue oozed out (about the size of a jelly bean). Instead of driving out an hour and a half to the clinic that did the surgery, I called our local vet. They were able to just snip off that little piece and we didn't need to do another stitch or staple. After we got home, I found a pair of my shorts that worked to keep everything covered up. :)

I'm anxious about leaving her alone today. We have her baby-gated in the kitchen with the shorts and muzzle on (front of muzzle covered in duct tape). One of DH's students is going to come over and let her out around lunch time. I just hope she can manage to get Gracey back in the kitchen by herself. ;)