Milkshake Kirtley

fourofem

She wasn't a greyhound but was one tough little nut just the same. My brother and his family adopted her from the pound when my niece, Kate, was 5. She's now a freshman at Alabama. They thought she was "twoish" back then so what....14, 15, 16? A little terrier something something who had the perfect life in Fort Worth, TX. She lived right across the road from Rivercrest Country Club...my brother would take her over to the golf course every evening to let her run and chase squirrels. She was fast as lightning and liked to climb trees to try and flush them out. The years finally caught up with her. She just couldn't navigate like she used to...they had to rescue her from her falls into the pool, stairs became impossible and when she quit eating, they knew it was time. My brother texted me a couple of hours ago to let me know Shakes had gone to heaven. They buried her at the lake house and planted an apple tree for her. I'm so sad for them.

I've looked and looked through all of my pictures and these are the only two I could find. I took them when we were there for Kate's graduation last May....just a special little mutt who was terrified of thunderstorms, refused to be picked up, and loved Quaker Oat Squares. Rest well, little Shakey. I'll miss you.

At the lake house:

30932_130082580337033_100000058764845_336973_7503476_n.jpg

Knocked out with her monkey:

30932_130082613670363_100000058764845_336976_5393001_n.jpg

Edited by fourofem

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Gentle hugs to all who knew and loved her.

Godspeed, sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

What a little cutie....I am sorry for your brother's loss.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Sosorry for your brother and his families loss of Milkshake (love that name) Run free shake- you will be missed

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]