Dustin- Gums Very Red - Blood With Bowel Movement

mychip1

Thanks, again, for all the encouragement.

He seems OK today - though panting a bit while he is curled up on the couch. His morning movement still had black and red in it, but it was formed - not like yesterday's straight blood coming out. He had his first dose of oral vitamin K this morning. I am continuing to watch him. Waiting for blood results. I the plateles are malformed - he may have a far more serious issue going on.....

We are in wait and see mode.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest mcsheltie

I am going to give the run of the mill advice to run every TBD test, not just the standard 4x panel.

Check and make sure he hasn't been given K3. It is banned by the FDA and European Union for human consumption. But it is still legal here for use in pets. It does cause allergic reactions (it is synthetic)and a host of other nasty stuff.

I am going to give the run of the mill advice to run every TBD test, not just the standard 4x panel.

Check and make sure he hasn't been given K3. It is banned by the FDA and European Union for human consumption. But it is still legal here for use in pets. It does cause allergic reactions (it is synthetic)and a host of other nasty stuff.

THX....He had the series of injection yesterday and today he started the capsules. I will have to research.

I believe she is doing a CBC and she mentioned two other specific tests....I am so afraid of any shots these days....

If he did get into something, I wish I could figure out what it was.

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge

I'm glad to read that Dustin seems to be feeling OK today. Waiting for results is nerve wracking. I'm hoping for good news for Dustin at the end of the wait.

--Lucy

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Update on Dustin...

All bloodwork came back normal (and vet is a grey aware, so she checks for levels appropriate for greys). He seems fine right now....in fact, more energetic than he's been for several days.

I guess we are going under the assumption that he got into something. That being said, in my hyperworried state, I have been watching his gums and skin color for the past three days and noticed thathe goes from the normal "pink" to a brighter color on and off all day...probably all very normal - and he has most likely done this right along....but then I wonder....

He has a noticable bruise where she drew blood and he must have scraped himself going outside this morning - and has a pretty obvious bruise there. Dustin is very think skinned and has a very thin coat - so it may be that I'm just more able to see these thing on him....but I can't help but wonder if he's still "bleeding". His stools however are normal once again, thank God!!

I will keep him on the vitamin K until he finishes the bottle. If it was a rat poison or something similar, they said it can take weeks for clotting to get back to normal. I am assuming that since his appetite and energy are good, that any toxin must be clearing out somewhat....though I am always scared to assume.

Also, the K is K1 not the K3 that was mentioned as being of concern.

To everyone....I can't thank you enough for all the well wishes.

Robin, thank you for sharing the latest update on Dustin. Normal labs are good news, though I understand why you are still concerned and watching your boy like a hawk. Sending best wishes and healing thoughts for Dustin.

--Lucy

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Sounds like things are continuing along the right path...

:goodluck:goodluck:goodluck

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg