Vicky And The Evet

Vicky... the vicious... who never gets into anything, ate at least 11 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate yesterday. We have been very good about putting all the chocolate away (Benny had a pound of it a while back) to prevent such a disaster, but we missed the one bag of chunks. Like I said, Benny did this a while back and it was two days of H3LL, but we knew what to expect and we got through it on our own and Benny was ok. Difference between Benny and Vicky is 45 pounds- and the symptoms were different. Like Benny, she began to spew from both ends- without warning. Unlike Benny, she was very restless and agressive. Her eye were bloodshot and you could see the misery. I called the vet- he said we could sit it out, but with the agressiveness and restlessness (she was pacing from one end of the house to the other- laying down only for a minute on each end) he would take her in. We did- as we sat there her agressiveness turned to patheticness... head buried in my lap... but her heart was pounding. Not a typical reaction for her at the vet. They immediately took her back and hooked her up to an IV for fluid and started the activated charcoal treatment. They let us go back to see her before leaving, where she was finally laying down and gave me kisses. Hubby had been out of town and missed the whole incident... but he insisted on stopping at the hospital to see her before coming home. He said she sat up and wagged her tail (not the butt shaking wag, but a gentle "I love You" wag), but even he could see the misery and said I did the right thing taking her in. He is there now to get her and either bring her home or take her to our normal vet, so I don't know what is going on now- but they said the IV and charcoal should speed the process. Please say a few prayers for her today... and I believe we are going to BAN CHOCOLATE from this point forward. :(

sending many hugs! :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Good thoughts for Vicky. That is a scary incident.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest brindleandfawn

Left over from Valentine's? One of my boys ate a bag of organic chocolate truffles one day. Our fault for not being vigilant. Vet visit and recovery

:puke

She seems to be back to her normal self today. Still has charcoal poo- but it's better than the alternative. :)

Leftover chocolate? No... thought to put all THAT away. This was a bag of semi-sweet chunks I had used to make pancakes for DD that didn't find it's way back to the pantry.