Daring Doc Bar

Guest 5hounds

Guest 5hounds

I am happy to introduce Daring Doc Bar (6 years old) as the newest member of our family. We just call him McCoy.

He came from Friends of Greyhounds in Hialeah, Florida and had been waiting for his forever home since December 2008. I had been watching him for a while and even went down to the kennel to visit him a few times. I thought he was beautiful and could not understand why he had not been adopted. He did have a small problem with peeing in his crate. They had him checked out with the vet and found nothing wrong. The kennel staff thought it was environmental and really felt that if he spent time in a home with the opportunity to go outside more often his problem would go away.

They were correct and that is exactly what happened. He never had one accident in the house or in his crate from the day he got here. Once he figured out that he could sleep on a dog bed he did not want to go back in his crate. It has really been an easy adjustment for all of us. He is sweet, calm and the perfect addition to our pack. He has really bonded with DH and follows him everywhere. He loves the other dogs and does not understand why they are not happy to share a bed with him. He has no concept of personal space and just wants to be close to you all the time.

McCoy wanted to say hi to his brother Conor (sweetdogs on GT) and thank him again for the box of goodies. It has been cold for us in Florida and he has been using his blanket. He has also been wearing his collar when he goes on walks.

Meeting for the first time

201000410GreydayFOG039.jpg

20101010aFOGBBQ015.jpg

McCoy at home

DM20101029.jpg

McCoy & Beckett

DM20101029a.jpg

McCoy & Dooley

dogs103110.jpg

DH with the boys

dogs103110a.jpg

Dooley & McCoy

md1220b.jpg

121610001.jpg

Thank you for looking.

McCoy! yay.gif There you are! We are SO happy that you took your time & waited for the perfect family. smile.gif It is so freaky how much you look like Conor & now when I look at him, I know his brother is just as comfortable & spoiled as he is. Not that you can tell from this photo: rolleyes.gif

5385754133_5c44e25e1b.jpg

Welcome home bro! confetti.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest 5hounds

McCoy! yay.gif There you are! We are SO happy that you took your time & waited for the perfect family. smile.gif It is so freaky how much you look like Conor & now when I look at him, I know his brother is just as comfortable & spoiled as he is. Not that you can tell from this photo: rolleyes.gif

5385754133_5c44e25e1b.jpg

Welcome home bro! confetti.gif

Hi Conor and family,

How are you doing with all the cold weather? I hope Conor and Faolin have really big coats. I get that same look from McCoy that Conor is giving you in that picture. They really do look alike.

I hope you get some warm weather soon.

How are you doing with all the cold weather? I hope Conor and Faolin have really big coats. I get that same look from McCoy that Conor is giving you in that picture. They really do look alike.

I hope you get some warm weather soon.

It usually doesn't bother Conor too much but we had the coldest day in a few years yesterday & he didn't want to be out for one second longer than necessary. But today it got back in the double digits & he was frolicking again in his yard. They do indeed have quite the wardrobe & on really cold days they get double-bagged. lol.gif We are hoping not for warm weather, just seasonable would be fine. And at least a week between storms. mad.gif

I think it's adorable how affectionate McCoy is, both with people & pups. Conor is as well. When I come home & sit on the couch, he hops up & puts his head in my lap. Right now Faolin is under the weather & he wants to lay right next to him. What good hearts they have.

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Congratulations!

He has gorgeous eyes. :wub:

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

20101010aFOGBBQ015.jpg

OK. That face absolutely makes my heart melt! Those eyes!! :beatheart

Welcome home, McCoy!!

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I've been waiting a long time to see this thread....McCoy (Doc in the kennel)is such a wonderful hound and he is such a good boy. He always got extra hugs and kisses when I went in. Thank you for spoiling him and loving him as we have for so long at the kennel.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

What a sweet boy. Looks as if he has fallen on his feet :)

I have another brindle Doc here too!

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

Just as cute as his namesake, Doc Bar :heart

Yep - here he is: Doc Bar

Guest 5hounds

I've been waiting a long time to see this thread....McCoy (Doc in the kennel)is such a wonderful hound and he is such a good boy. He always got extra hugs and kisses when I went in. Thank you for spoiling him and loving him as we have for so long at the kennel.

L.

Thank you for all the wonderful care you gave Doc McCoy. Everyone at Friends of Greyhounds does an amazing job. When you walk in the kennel you can see how much the dogs are loved and well taken care of. The staff and the volunteers are so friendly and knowledgeable. Everyone has always made us feel welcome.

Just as cute as his namesake, Doc Bar :heart

Yep - here he is: Doc Bar

I did not know he was named after a horse. Thank you for the information. Doc Bar was beautiful.

Actually the whole litter was named after famous quarter horses. I didn't know that until a friend told me. wink.gif