Please Pray For Gracie

Guest leemc

Cry a lot.

Swear a lot.

Remember the good times and smile!

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Lee Ann, I know your poor heart is breaking. And having gone through something so similar, I can tell you that it's going to be extra difficult. I have posted about this before, but I lost my precious Nick at the emergency vet when I wasn't with him, and the grief was so overwhelming that it was an actual, physical pain. We were hopeful, like you, planning to take him to our own vet the next morning (we lost him to Addison's and cardiomyopathy). But instead, got that call at 3:00 in the morning that shattered our hopes.

I'm sure your pain is so strong right now and it's hard to think of anything but her absence, but time is the only thing that eases that pain somewhat. You did do everything you possibly could for your girl, because you love her so much. And she knew that.

I'll be praying that she sends you a sign to let you know that she's okay. I'm so sorry you lost your precious Gracie.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest roselle

Wednesday night right before bed Gracie started pacing and panting. She had been fine all day. She wouldnt lay down, when she did it was just for a few seconds and she would moan. It was approx 11pm and I was very nervous. I took her to the emergency vet in my area. They were not sure what it was. I had heard about bloat and thought maybe it was that. They did xrays and ultrasounds and determined that she had internal bleeding. They said she has a punctured bowel and possible a ruptured spleen and that they need to do surgery. We still dont know what started this. I left the hospital at 2:30am . It turned out after we left she became stable and they held off on the surgery to do further testing. Her plasma counts were off. After many calls and tests on her they performed surgery yesterday afternoon. It turned out that she had twisted intestines. They had to remove 70% of her bowels. The assistant called at the beginning of the surgery and said there was a 50/50 chance she would make it. Thank God she made it! They said that she did very well and most dogs dont make it. After surgery she was doing better then expected but the first 48-72 hours are critical. Last night they did another plasma transplant and so far she is hanging in there. They said she cant survive with the loss of the bowels but I'm sure she will have to be on a special diet and have special needs but thats ok- as long as I have my Gracie home. PLEASE pray for her. I can use all the prayers I can get. I am heartbroken.

Thank you

Sending prayers for Gracy for a speedy recovery. Eoselle and Gracy

Guest EmilyAnne

I am just now found this thread. I was shocked and saddened when I came to your post saying your Gracie had passed on. I am very, very sorry for your loss. (((((((hugs)))))))

Emily

Guest Energy11

WE are SOOO sorry for your loss! You tried everything, and did your best for her!

Run Free, God Speed ... Dearest Gracie!

Back when my husband, Bob died, I "made" him "Keeper of The Rainbow Bridge .." ... I am SURE he met your Gracie there, along with my Bold Energy, Dasher, and Max ... Bob was an AMAZING MAN, and he loves Greyhounds!

We love you! Dee, Curfew, Goldie, Oakly, Staggerlee, and Cari!

:f_pink:gh_run