Please Send Positive Vibes For Lucy

We're taking Lucy up to the orthopedic vet surgeon tomorrow afternoon for a biopsy of the bone lesion. I'm nervous for her - I really, really wanted to avoid a core biopsy and I feel awful putting her through it, but the bone is too hard for FNA. The vet does not think fracture is a concern - the bone is actually harder than normal, not weakened like they typically see in osteo - but I'm still just worried about how much pain she'll be in afterward. And of course, I'm anxious about the results.

So if you have any spare positive vibes to share, please send some Lucy's way tomorrow.

Edited by RedFawnMom

sig_border.jpg
Always missing our angel Lucy, a four year osteo survivor.

Good thoughts for Lucy and you. I hope all goes well.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Best thoughts for you and your girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Thanks everyone. We're back home. She's sore and has a big, nasty looking bruise, poor girl. We gave her some Tramadol before leaving the vet and will give her some Metacam when she eats and another Tramadol dose before bedtime. She's just been laying in her bed for the past few hours looking kind of spaced out, but she happily took the cookies and peanut butter I offered.

The vet actually didn't end up doing the core biopsy - she did a needle aspirate with a slightly larger needle. She said she did get a couple of pieces of tissue, so hopefully it will be enough for a diagnosis. She was hoping to find fluid in the area where the lesion is, but she said absolutely nothing came out but that the needle "sunk" into that spot, so she knew she was in the right spot. So now we keep our fingers crossed that a diagnosis can be made with the tissue she was able to get today so that we don't have to go through with the more invasive biopsy, and of course that we get good news when the results come back.

The good news right now is that we got a repeat X-ray and the lesion has not changed at all in 5 weeks, which is a very good sign that it's not osteo.

sig_border.jpg
Always missing our angel Lucy, a four year osteo survivor.

Fingers crossed for good news for your girlie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.