Remembering Ember

Guest EmbersDad

Guest EmbersDad

It was on this day 2 years ago my world was shattered. The osteo had spread to her lungs and I did not want to watch her fade away in a drug haze so for my last act of love, I freed her.....

Ember was my first, my puppy. She was a wonderful friend and companion. She was abused in her first home by a standard poodle and was afraid of all large dogs, including greyhounds. I kept her safe for 7 years and she eventually accepted Althea, a shy spooky hound that needed us. ember was there for me when I was feeling down. She was there for strangers who needed her. I remember being at the vet for a routine checkup when a senior golden was brought in on a stretcher. the owner sat down near us, obviously preoccupied and worried. Ember sensed his distress and would not leave him alone. She kept walking over to him until he finally began to pet her. Later, I learned the golden didnt make it :(

Ember was also there when I needed her the most.

1hdlrd.jpg

She now waits for me somewhere beyond where our everyday senses can see or hear. We will be reunited again someday.

Daddyman misses u and loves you girlie. Until we meet again....

and now...a couple of never before seen pics of ember roaching. she NEVER roached except for this one time she snuggled up on the bed with me...hence the "outtakes"...LOL :lol

2n0vn2t.jpg

10eeyrl.jpg

Miss you Ember.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Ember, Daddyman and many others miss you., including me.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Its a joy to be able to look back and remember the love you and Ember had for each other.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Two years already...hard to believe. :grouphug for you.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Guest jerrybird

When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.

The two years have gone by fast; I remember all your postings about her.

I remember your posting about her passing and how obvious it was to me how much you loved her. She was very special and so

blessed to know your compassion and love. RIP Ember.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest jettcricket

Tom....I know how much your miss your girlie. She was a beautiful girl no doubt. Hugs to you......:grouphug

How beautiful is that.....:heart

The two years have gone by fast; I remember all your postings about her.

This says it all. I, too, remember feeling as though I had been sucker punched when you posted about your decision to send Ember on that final journey. There were so many who hoped and prayed that she would be "the one". She is truly missed.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I followed Ember's story - checking for updates daily. At that time osteo was such an unknown to me, but I so admired your courage, your hope and your devotion to Ember. I cried so many tears when she had to leave.

Was it really two years ago? Ember - always remembered.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Sleep tight, sweet pea.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.