Letting Go

Guest amour

This is the last update on "possible tumor" post.

I had to let my boy go today. The vet had covered all the bases that she possibly could. Since Wed. He was on IVs, not able to keep anything down,lost 6lbs (must have gotten to skeleton stage), spleen was enlarging more any additional test would require anestisia and it was their opinion that chances were he would not come out of it. They were in agreement that whatever they would find would be extremely serious and he would not be able :( to recover from surgery even if it were operable.He declined much more rapidly as the AM progressed This decision was made by all involved in his care with a lot of loving and serious thoughts.

This decision was very hard ,as many of you know. I don't wish this on anybody

This beautiful 7year old Brindle boy was with me for a short 2years and saw me thru a lot of personal stuff this year. I was hoping to give him a long beautiful good life to make up for the life at the track that these beautiful souls endure.

I am blessed to have had him for these 2 short years!!

My heart is deeply empty! We'll never the causes. :(

:( :(

I'm so sorry. Like you, I let Loca go without a definitive diagnosis. All I knew was that she was in so much pain and I had to do what I thought was right. It would have been inhumane to drag it out any longer with what seemed like would be such a poor prognosis. In the end, it doesn't matter why we let then go when there are such serious health issues involved. All that really matters and that he was loved and that you did the absolute best for him with love. :grouphug

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I know how you feel. I had to let doug go. I had him for only two short years. He had a very rare cancer nerve sheath and was in a lot of pain. There was no operation that would have helped him. I still miss him terribly he was a wondeful boy.

Guest Energy11

I had a friend go through the SAME thing with HIS seven yr old boy ... God love you and your boy, and God Speed!

I KNOW loss .. having lost a husband, and three greyhounds! WE love you! Dee, and The Five!

:grouphug:grouphug I'm soooo sorry. I had to have Mousey put to sleep due to cancer and she was barely 8 1/2...

Just remember he loved you and you loved him and you gave him a wonderful life, that's all that really matters.

greytalk signature 2020.jpg

Marble, Noah, Eden, Raya (red heeler), Cooper & Trooper (naughty kittens)

Missing my bridge angels: Pop, Zelda, Mousey & Carmel

Guest Gingergrey

I am so sorry to hear this. I had to let my Ginger go and she was with us just barely two years. I understand your pain. Hugs...

I'm so sorry. The most loving decision is to let them go.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I am so very sorry. We just lost our heart dog Sadie in July to an unknown combination of kidney disease and probably cancer. It is hard not knowing. We had her for ten years but it doesn't make it any easier. But, in the end, as others have said, what matters are the memories and knowing that you did the best for him. And, right now it is hard and the pain is great, but eventually more and more the painful thoughts will be replaced by remembering happy times. Again, I am very sorry.

finalsiggy.jpg

I am so sorry. So young, so unfair.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I'm so, so sorry for loss of your sweet boy. We lost our Sophie, a sweet seven year old girl under very similar circumstances. We only had her for three very short years.

I wish you comfort and peace as you go through this very difficult time.

Lynn_siggie-1.jpg

I am so sorry for your loss. You have my deepest sympathies. As others have testified, I too, had to make a similar decision for my 8 year old Nikki only 8-1/2 months after she adopted us. I am so grateful for having had that time with her. She was the perfect first dogGreyhound anyone could have hoped for.

You can rest assured that your boy is running pain free, young and healthy at the bridge. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

My deepest sympathy on the loss of your beloved boy.

I also had to let one go without knowing exactly what was wrong. Suspected IMHA. He was just so miserable I couldn't bear

to watch him suffer any more. The best decision is never an easy one.

Thinking of you.

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

Guest ChasesMum

I am so very sorry for your loss. Its always hard to come to terms with a rapid decline when you don't have a definitive diagnosis. I guess its always hard, but it seems harder with lots of unknowns

Chase had Ehrlichiosis that we were dealing with for almost a month, and then one day "geez I think she is in right sided heart failure". After the next day at the cardiologist, $1200 and over a liter of fluid removed from her heart, we still didnt know...and the fluid culture didnt conclude it either. We let her go a week after, still not knowing if there was something we could have or should have done different. I don't think there was, but I still wonder if we could have gotten her swelling under control if we could have had more time with her.... with george well he was end stage after amp due to OS so it was months after the original diagnosis, and we knew the day would come.

lots of hugs and warm thoughts...

Guest TeddysMom

I am so sorry. Just know that he did have a good life with you and was loved. I think that is the best we can do. Prayers that your heart will heal.

How very sad. Just know that those two short years will have been like Heaven for him and as they only live in the present that is all he would have known.

It is particularly hard to let them go so young.... I'm remembering 'Misha' now who was one of my beautiful Borzois, a lovely brown and white, she got kidney disease at only 5 and I felt so cheated with it only seeming like yesterday when I was raising her as a pup.

The grief will heal in time, it never fails. For now just ry to be blas that he lived and got to share 2 wonderful years with you. f_yellow