1/2 A Styrofoam Container Missing

Sambuca

My @#%& :angryfire dog went in the trash while I was gone and I can't find 1/2 a styrofoam container that held my dinner. He is not a food hound in that he really chews his food. He is a grazer and had eaten a bit not long before the thing went missing and ate some more before I realized it was missing. As I said, he's a grazer so I don't think he would eat that much of his food if he ate all the styrofoam. Should I induce vomiting anyway? It's only been an hour or so since it went missing.

I would call the E-Vet or Animal Poison control for instructions. My concern would be having a piece of styrofoam blocking the airway if it gets stuck coming back up if you indice vomiting.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Well, I induced vomiting. I just pour some down his throat. He got 2 good swallows in. He threw up a lot of food and not even a tiny piece of styrofoam. When I thought he was done, we came inside and I crated him (which he HATES) because he still may vomit more and it's easier to clean from there than the carpet and dog beds and toys and anything else he will invariably hit if he throws up inside. After I crated him I walked into the kitchen to throw something away and stuck between the garbage can and the wall was the 1/2 I thought I was missing :rolleyes:. Poor guy, all that for nothing. I was actually on my way to call the e-vet, so I'm glad I found it then, than after $100's on x-rays. So he's fine. Just giving me really pathetic looks right now.

eta- I think the reason I was hesitant to induce vomiting is because it's so unlike him to ingest something like that. He occasionally does stuff like this and just rips up the packaging and has never eaten any of it.

Edited by Sambuca

Oh well. Better be safe than sorry. Give him some extra treats and he'll get over it. :lol :lol

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Hide your shoes.....:lol

Glad the pup is ok and it ended up being a false alarm.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

He's already cuddling with me. I've had him 2 years and towards the beginning, I had to induce vomiting 3 times 1 week. (He had weight issues and while working with the vet trying to figure it out, he was starving. It was a bad situation. He lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks and we obviously changed things quickly.) It was horrible, he didn't want to come near me and he knew the bottle of hydrogen peroxide. After that week, we really haven't really had any issues I can recall where I needed to induce vomiting, so I don't think he remembers that week anymore since he didn't seem to have any idea what was coming today. He is my best buddy. He may not be perfect, but he's perfect for me.

Aw, I'm so glad it worked out and he's ok. I had a similar experience w/my beloved boy, Kobie. I was tossing him his yeast pills in the morning before work, it was dark, I was sleepy and hadn't had my coffee yet. Then I realized that I "thought" I'd tossed him one of those little silicate bags to keep moisture out of the container instead of a pill. I FREAKED, called the vet's office, told them what I thought I'd done and they told me to bring him in ASAP, they weren't sure what effect those pellets may have on his system. I took him in, the gave him an injection to make him throw up, they had him in the back and we waited and waited and waited. The poor boy only threw up the yeast pills I'd given him and bile since he hadn't even had his breakfast yet. Turns out, I hadn't thrown one of those bags his way, he never ingested anything bad for him. I felt like such a loser and felt horrible I'd put him through all of that. He forgave me immediately, ate his breakfast when we got home and collapsed from stress and exhaustion into a deep sleep. Years later, I still feel bad about putting him through it.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014