Duck Feet...

Guest FijiHound

Guest FijiHound

I have 15kgs worth of duck feet being delivered to my house on Friday... I can't conceive how much 15kgs really looks like...but whatever it is - I don't think I have enough freezer space :)

Guest FijiHound

My dog goes completely cross eyed over chicken feet (nails and all!!!) so I thought I'd try her out on duck and see what she thinks - hopefully A+ or else I'm stuck with 15kgs worth!!!!!!!!! :) It was either get the whole bang lot or nothing and it was going cheap - any excuse when its cheap haha

While my two LOVE chicken feet I don't think I will be feeding those again. One of mine would eat them "leg" part first and with the chomping the pad of the chicken foot would blow up like a balloon. That freaked me out! :eek

Aside from that, 15kgs if I did my conversion right is 33 pounds! That is a lot of duck feet. :lol

Ours dogs love both the duck and chicken feets. Even little Rocky, although it takes him too long to eat one. Kevin will break off a toe just for him. :lol :lol :lol

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Lakota goes ape for dried duck feet. She would love for me to come across a stash like that. Other than wings, duck is very expensive here. How did you come find it?

Guest FijiHound

Lakota goes ape for dried duck feet. She would love for me to come across a stash like that. Other than wings, duck is very expensive here. How did you come find it?

Called up a duck farm here in Fiji out of curiousity, the thing about Fiji is that everyone knows everyone :) or help you find someone! They provide restaurants with ducks minus the feet that they were just throwing away or turning into fertilizer! So offered it to me for $1 a kg which is around US$.50c for a kilo :) Score!!! Only problem was they would only sell the whole bang lot which would come up to 15 kilos - totally worth it :)

Called up a duck farm here in Fiji out of curiousity, the thing about Fiji is that everyone knows everyone :) or help you find someone! They provide restaurants with ducks minus the feet that they were just throwing away or turning into fertilizer! So offered it to me for $1 a kg which is around US$.50c for a kilo :) Score!!! Only problem was they would only sell the whole bang lot which would come up to 15 kilos - totally worth it :)

You have one lucky pup!

OK... i had to go there.....figuring 1/2 oz per duck foot (I'm guessing at the weight), you have 1056 duck feet coming.....Better get some Ziplocs.....:lol

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

OK, US $.50 a Kilo is about 23 cents a pound. I pay $2.49...how about shipping some of those feet our way?? wink.gif

Doe's Bruciebaby Doe's Bumper

Derek

Follow my Ironman journeys and life with dogs, cats and busy kids: A long road

Guest FijiHound

OK... i had to go there.....figuring 1/2 oz per duck foot (I'm guessing at the weight), you have 1056 duck feet coming.....Better get some Ziplocs.....:lol

I think I preferred thinking that 'only' 15 kilos were heading my way...not sure how I feel now thinking that 1056 feet are heading in my direction! :D lol

OK, US $.50 a Kilo is about 23 cents a pound. I pay $2.49...how about shipping some of those feet our way?? wink.gif

I would if it was that easy!!! :)

I think I preferred thinking that 'only' 15 kilos were heading my way...not sure how I feel now thinking that 1056 feet are heading in my direction! :D lol

It may not be that bad. Found dehydrated duck feet online and it appears they are about 1/2 oz each. Since these aren't dehydrated there will be more weight to them. Can't wait to hear what you end up with.

PS - Can we all come to Fiji for Christmas?

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Guest FijiHound

It may not be that bad. Found dehydrated duck feet online and it appears they are about 1/2 oz each. Since these aren't dehydrated there will be more weight to them. Can't wait to hear what you end up with.

PS - Can we all come to Fiji for Christmas?

I'm doing a Blue Lagoon Cruise for x-mas weekend - come along! :)

Guest bluefawn

I give Penny the chicken feet too - she loves them! But I take kitchen shears and snip off all of the toenails and then store them in the freezer in zip-lock freezer bags. I give her 1-2 per day. I am afraid to give them to her with those long (and gross!) toenails on! I am worried that they may rip into one of her internal organs. Will check the local restaurants that serve duck to see if I can buy the duck feet from them - great idea!

Guest Houndstown

We order dehydrated duck feet, chicken feet and liver from a vendor in Canada. She's greyt and the dogs love them. You're pups are going to be happy for a while it sounds!! Although I will say the first time I opened up the box I was more than a bit surprised. It's crazy what you get used to :lol

Guest BonnieW

Still a newb and wondering what the advantage is to giving the pups chicken/duck feet? Is that like the turkey neck, which is good for teeth? Is that why I should consider giving Draco feet? :blush

Guest FijiHound

Still a newb and wondering what the advantage is to giving the pups chicken/duck feet? Is that like the turkey neck, which is good for teeth? Is that why I should consider giving Draco feet? :blush

here are some chicken feet feeding tips:

1. Don’t look closely at the feet

2. Don’t listen to the sounds of scratching nails as you dump the package into the bowl

3. Don’t watch your pup eat the feet because inevitably your dog will look up at you with a foot hanging out of it’s mouth

4. No, you don’t need to clip the nails before feeding

5. Yes, they are considered a full meal

6. No, it won’t hurt coming out the other end

That and they go gaga over it...to the point of going cross-eyed in my case :D

I have not tried raw chicken feet, but my guys love dehydrated chicken and ducks feet.

We get them from here...

http://www.dehydratedlivertreats.com/index.html

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Guest FijiHound

Unfortunately I can't get anything deydrated all the way here in Fiji...but on the other hand I do get the feet less than an hour after being chopped off their little legs - so disturbing how far we go for some pups! :)