Ez Seized Again

EZ had another seizure at 3:11 this am and again not as violent as the ones in the past. This time it was only about 3 weeks since the last one. His blood work was fine with his thyroid panel being a little low but his neuro vet has not changed his medication.

I dosed him again so I hope he does not cluster - will be calling both vets after 9 am

It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

Missing my Big Blue eyed Bear

Thank you

When he clustered before it used to be 5 hours after and then another 5 hours. so far we have passed that critical time. I will be calling both vets shortly, his neuro vet is not in today but there is back up

Hoping you get some answers from your vets, and in the meantime, holding you and EZ close in my thoughts today. :bighug

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited

Thank you all - his neuro vet is off today (but he has backup) so I might not hear from him until tomorrow and his regular vet hours are only 1/2 day today so I probably won't hear from them until tomorrow also. They did tell me if I think he needs to be seen to bring him in.

PVSEC where is neuro vet is located called to check up on him. asked if I gave him a dose of phenobarbital after the seizure, told me that I can feed him dry cereal or even som dog food when he wants to eat after seizure and the carrot was a good thing I gave and I can also give him green beans. They are not too keen on giving ice cream as it would put weight on

They are not too keen on giving ice cream as it would put weight on

You shouldn't need to give so much ice cream that adding weight would be an issue. Just a small quick sugar snack. A cookie, whatever, just as long as there is a bit of sugar in it.

I gave his a whole carrot and of course his cream cheese. What they are worried about is that he might throw it up and we will have defeated the purpose of the dose of phenobarbital

Sending prayers for EZ - no more seizures!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Over the years, I have found that Piper seems to relax and settle down more rapidly after a seizure if I give him something to eat. I found that a small meal of his regular kibble seemed to satisfy his hunger and he never had any trouble keeping it down. I went the ice cream route but the kibble was a lot less troublesome and worked as well if not better for Piper. Honestly, if I was trying to head off a cluster and Piper threw up after taking his Pb, I'd just give him another dose. Congratulations on passing the "magic" 5 hour mark for EZ's clusters. :thumbs-up

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Thanks the carrot also works with him as I give him the biggest one I have. One of the boys barfed yesterday morning and I thought it was Penske but then it could of been EZ and brought up his pheno. If I know he has barfed his pheno I re dose him