Animal Abuse Posts

Trudy

When someone is on "vaction" , doesn't it show up next to their name anymore in the members list?

I swear you used to be able to search by member status in the old days too

:lol

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the report button stays. The way things are reported is different now, so it doesn't create us a new post each time, it all goes into one, so if 20 people report the same post, we see the post once with the comments of the 20 people that reported it.

You've never been able to see that somebody has had their account temporarily suspended and probably never will. Only way to know is if they share it with the board once they return. In the past you were able to see when we booted somebody for good.

And no, each response doesn't need to be reported - we are able to see the entire thread too ;)

Ok- I learn something new everyday on GT. Don't they know there are other ways of reading about this and not posting it on GT. I read about it on CNN this morning on this and did not post. I am not trying to be mean or anything but I personally am taking the vacation thing from GT seriously. I would miss my GT daily fix.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

I'm not really sure how else to say it...

DO NOT START TOPICS ABOUT ANIMAL ABUSE

Do not respond to posts about animal abuse.

This could be abuse to the stray cat population to abuse of greyhounds in adopter homes. I don't care where the abuse happens, it DOES NOT NEED TO BE ON GREYTALK.

EVERYBODY clicked that little box that said they read the Terms of Service (TOS). If you didn't actually read that stuff, time to do it now.

I've posted several reminder threads about animal abuse posts this summer and this one we even put in the Announcements Forum. Really, I'm out of ways to tell people not to do it. Week long unpaid vacations don't seem to be a deterrent enough, especially since many claim to not know about the policy or this post.

I can't make it flash. I can't make you all read it. Doesn't matter if you read the TOS or not, you all clicked the box that said you agreed to it when you created an account...

Guest avadogner

I am still kind of new to Greytalk and just want to make sure I have this perfectly clear. We are not allowed to post ANY stories of abuse we see in the media or respond to any posts about such posts on the the forum. Got it. A few months ago, I responded on a post about a persons neighbor who wasn't treating a dog well. The post was written in the spirit of how to politely deal with the situation and help the animal in a non threatening mannner. I repsonded to this post. Am I in violation of the rules? Should I have reported the person? It seemed to be a person trying to help a neighbors dog, not to whip members of Greytalk into a frenzy. I'm sorry if I broke the rules by participating in the thread. I am not sure what happened over the weekend with all the forced vacations but I think I know what it was after checking CNN. I do not want to see that kind of terrible sadness here. The post I participated in a few months ago was not in that spirit of trying to whip all us greyhound/animal lovers into a frenzy. I am glad Greytalk is a place that keeps such upsetting topics off the forum. I do not want to see that kind of stuff here that's what CNN is for. I just want to make sure that I didn't break the rules a few months ago and know what is okay to discuss or what to report.

Thank you for keeping our forum a safe place!

-ava and augie's mum

okay I am curious as to why it was okay to post about the FW28 but not the Ebro 37?

Color me confused?

I explained this months ago.

When I first saw the Forth Worth dogs post, it was over 5 or 6 pages and was mostly about people that had stepped up to foster, send supplies, arrange medical care, etc for these dogs. Since it was a post of taking care of the dogs and not hanging the person in the gallows, I decided to leave it. It was allowed to continue in the same fashion. I removed posts and warned people when they got to the point of what makes us not allow these posts to begin with. If you look back to those threads, you'll see a couple of public general warnings in there after I removed things threatening to close it if I saw more.

Had we seen it early on, it would have been closed and removed like we do with all other abuse posts. So it was only allowed just because we all missed it until it was about getting help for 28 dogs. There aren't 37 dogs here that need that kind of help with this now.

:riphair :riphair :riphair :riphair :riphair:headwall

Oy!

Thanks for the policing that y'all do...

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

ah, newbie here.. and I have to admit I cant recall much of what I read on the agreement

can I get a quick synopsis of what you are talking about??

ok update.. I read over the TOS and understand that posts about any kind of animal abuse is not wanted.

Never have to worry about that with me for sure, but if we see it we are supposed to report it and not respond

is that the way to go about it?

Guest Swifthounds

Deb, The TOS reads in part: "Do not post information on animal abuse. While we are sensitive to the subject, we have found through experience that such posts only enrage the community and do nothing to help the issue. A better outlet is your local ASPCA." There's a link to the entire TOS at the very bottom of each page.

If somehow you don't know what "situation" is being posted in violation of the TOS, shoot me an email.

ok update.. I read over the TOS and understand that posts about any kind of animal abuse is not wanted.

Never have to worry about that with me for sure, but if we see it we are supposed to report it and not respond

is that the way to go about it?

Yes.

Guest PhillyPups

Hey did Kari really beat my very first report on the first posting tagged onto another thread? I thought I was being a bit of a Quick Draw McGraw there. :rofl:rofl

And people are still trying. :dunno

thanks jen, no i didnt see the posts here, but yep, I would bet which one it is..it doesn"t matter I just wanted to be sure

cause I'd be one of those people who would be responding and get vacationized lol

Thanks for the info

ah, newbie here.. and I have to admit I cant recall much of what I read on the agreement

can I get a quick synopsis of what you are talking about??

Honestly whether you recall it or not does not really matter, either way you (everyone) are responsible to abide by it. A link is provided at the bottom of EVERY forum page.

large.greyhound_signature.gif