Animal Abuse Posts

Trudy

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this one

dumb_ass.gif

Will I get in trouble if I post this in threads that I report? :)

But you know you really want to get in trouble. ;):lol

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

I like this one

dumb_ass.gif

Will I get in trouble if I post this in threads that I report? :)

But you know you really want to get in trouble. ;):lol

Only if you are doing the spankin'

:kiss2

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Hey did Kari really beat my very first report on the first posting tagged onto another thread? I thought I was being a bit of a Quick Draw McGraw there. :rofl:rofl

And people are still trying. :dunno

Aha! So you are the one who ratted on me. :wife

Jenn

gallery_3252_2927_10878.jpg

The no abuse thing means no posts in remembrance either. Several people were kind enough to ask if they could start one and saved themselves a vacation from GT.

Is "kind enough" a euphenism for "smart enough"? tongue.gif

Guest K9_Lady

I have been a member of Greytalk since 2006. I realize it is not as long as many of you and I made some great friends here and learned about Greyhounds. I have always followed the TOS. I respect the wishes of the moderators as I respect peoples opinions although I may not agree with some of them.

I understand the warning being given, end of story. But what I don't understand is how this is continuing on and some of you are laughing and making a joke out of a serious situation. That saddens me as I thought everyone here is a person who cares about this magnificent breed, the Greyhound.

I am sorry if this statement gets me removed from the board since the Amber Alert is so important to me but I do hope that this is posted long enough for people to read what I have to say.

Karen

nobody is laughing at the dog situation, they are laughing at the personal situation and the moderation. This thread really has nothing to do with the dog situation, just the user base behind it, that 27 people can think they are the first to report it, not read and violate part of the TOS that has been around got almost a decade.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

I agree with you, Karen. It kind of reminds me of grade school tattle tales who take pleasure in getting their classmates in trouble. This IS serious stuff, not a joke. I understand why "abuse" posts aren't allowed; they result in pages and pages of almost identical comments, but I wonder if they keep showing up because the originals are deleted...

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I have enjoyed this site even before joining and for many personal reason, it really is close to my heart.

I try to follow the rules no matter where I am and have a respect for them as well. Personally, I am glad not to see the abuse threads, if I want info on what's going on, I know where to get it.

I don't think it's funny to laugh and joke about people being suspended and other members implying they are superior to those being suspended.

What I do truthfully care about is the reputation of this site

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest racergirl435

It would be nice if those who were first offenders received a warning instead of a "vacation", as you call it. Yes, I was one of those. Surely, the mods know those that are repeat offenders. I don't think I've been an offender in the past. If I have, please tell me when. Then maybe I would understand why I got suspended.

I thought we were here not only to love our hounds and share their stories but also to help those in need. If that doesn't include bringing to light situations as the offending posts, then God help the hounds. You can't demand respect and you can't assume that everyone reads the pages and pages of the TOS on every bulletin board they're on. If you're one of those people, God love ya. I'm not so I guess I'll keep on getting lynched when I get suspended for posting offending topics. So be it. I've always been an earth shaker and I certainly don't intend to stop because I got suspended here.

Have a nice day.

An announcement was made before the suspensions began, so along with the TOS that members agreed to, a warning was given first.

You better re-read the TOS, as from the sounds of it, GT may not the right forum for you by design. We can always boot you for good if we need to.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

and you can't assume that everyone reads the pages and pages of the TOS on every bulletin board they're on.

Then what is the point of the Terms of Service that each board has you read and agree to before you register an account? We don't write them for our health. We don't write them for the fun of it. We certainly didn't write them because we had nothing better to do with our time.

And not only did I post a thread in the Announcements Forum before I started suspending people, I've posted several reminders through the summer about this same matter. So from my view, I gave plenty of warnings.

Guest Swifthounds

No one, here or elsewhere, is laughing at anything other than the maddening ignorance and deliberate defiance of folks who continuously post that which they know is not allowed. There are plenty of discussion forums with different rules. How difficult is it to read the TOS and follow them? I think the mods are being kind by only issuing 1 week vacations, especially given the extra work this has made for them.

If you post on the issue this late in the game and think you're the first one, you're either an exceedingly ignorant person, or belligerent.

No one, here or elsewhere, is laughing at anything other than the maddening ignorance and deliberate defiance of folks who continuously post that which they know is not allowed. There are plenty of discussion forums with different rules. How difficult is it to read the TOS and follow them? I think the mods are being kind by only issuing 1 week vacations, especially given the extra work this has made for them.

If you post on the issue this late in the game and think you're the first one, you're either an exceedingly ignorant person, or belligerent.

Or you yourself just found out about it and are unaware that others have known about it for weeks. Hell, I just had three people send me links to the situation and two people send me links to the video of Grover as the Old Spice guy teaching kids about the word ON. I linked to that video on my Facebook account weeks ago.

I would rather be someone who gave the benefit of the doubt than assume malice in the actions of others.

Guest racergirl435

Or you yourself just found out about it and are unaware that others have known about it for weeks. Hell, I just had three people send me links to the situation and two people send me links to the video of Grover as the Old Spice guy teaching kids about the word ON. I linked to that video on my Facebook account weeks ago.

I would rather be someone who gave the benefit of the doubt than assume malice in the actions of others.

Precisely.

Trudy and Jeff...I don't set out to knowingly break the rules. Nor did I say that you wrote the TOS or put posts up in the Announcements for "fun". Nor would I assume that. I do my best not to assume, ever. But to assume that "everyone" will or has read the TOS or stops to read every thread in the Announcements section is unrealistic. I can only speak for myself, but I don't come here to spend a whole lot of time reading the "rules" because it should be common knowledge that certain types of belligerent posting is not acceptable in general. Yes, it's your web site and members have to play by your rules. I understand that and will do so to the best of my ability in the future.

As a general rule, I enjoy coming here. I've made bonds with several members so to say that this site may not be for me by design is silly. By design, this place is great. Just because I broke a rule I didn't know about and maybe disagree with, doesn't mean it's not. We all have opinions and if you think you can have a web site where people won't express theirs, then maybe you shouldn't have the web site. And by "you" I'm speaking in general terms, not pointing at anyone.

I think arguments, discussions, or whatever word you want to use, can be had without being disrespectful. That's probably unrealistic as well as I've seen how "passionate" people can be on any group related web site. However, I don't like feeling threatened so I will self-impose a break on myself from this web site for a while. Aside from the Osteo thread, I will not be posting anywhere for a while.

Peace out

Guest jade1046

Would it be feasible when situations (such as the reason for this thread) arise, to keep one announcement or link to the story but have it be set up by the moderators such that no replies may be made, along with a warning about violating the TOS? That way people could be informed about what happened and could look elsewhere for further information or discussions outside of GT. Seems like this might eliminate some of the repeat postings and angst over locked or deleted threads.

Edited by jade1046

Guest Swifthounds

One may live under a rock, not have a Facebook account, be on any other discussion forums or breed lists, but if you signed up for GT, you had to agree to the TOS to gain access and you have agreed that you have read the TOS. It says very clearly "Do not post information on animal abuse. While we are sensitive to the subject, we have found through experience that such posts only enrage the community and do nothing to help the issue. A better outlet is your local ASPCA." If you post inviolation of the TOS, you either 1)never read the TOS and thus lied when you signed up, or 2) don't bother to follow the TOS. The entire TOS, including all the words on the page is less than 2,000 words.

I'm on many discussion lists and forums both greyhound/dog oriented in some way and others. I don't ever agree to be bound, either on the internet or real life, by something I haven't read and/or don't have a passing understanding about. Every forum draws lines somewhere, many of the draw lines in different areas. If you don't have the time to read and abide by the TOS, you don't have the time to be on that many forums.

Why is it that the TOS is linked on every page, you have to agree to it to sign up, the mods warn and post this thread at the top of the forum before issuing "vacations," mods spend their time enforcing the TOS, and the sugegstions folks have are all aimed at baby stepping people through what they previously agreed to when they signed up? GT is free and maintained for all of us. There's lots here I think is silly and could do without, and there are some things I wish could be permitted, but I respect the time and resources it takes to provide this forum. Posting here is a priviledge and there are responsibilities that come with it. The first few folks might have been absent-minded and posted in haste, but who, days and days later hasn't seen this thread at the top of the forum?

One may live under a rock, not have a Facebook account, be on any other discussion forums or breed lists, but if you signed up for GT, you had to agree to the TOS to gain access and you have agreed that you have read the TOS. It says very clearly "Do not post information on animal abuse. While we are sensitive to the subject, we have found through experience that such posts only enrage the community and do nothing to help the issue. A better outlet is your local ASPCA." If you post inviolation of the TOS, you either 1)never read the TOS and thus lied when you signed up, or 2) don't bother to follow the TOS. The entire TOS, including all the words on the page is less than 2,000 words.

I'm on many discussion lists and forums both greyhound/dog oriented in some way and others. I don't ever agree to be bound, either on the internet or real life, by something I haven't read and/or don't have a passing understanding about. Every forum draws lines somewhere, many of the draw lines in different areas. If you don't have the time to read and abide by the TOS, you don't have the time to be on that many forums.

Why is it that the TOS is linked on every page, you have to agree to it to sign up, the mods warn and post this thread at the top of the forum before issuing "vacations," mods spend their time enforcing the TOS, and the sugegstions folks have are all aimed at baby stepping people through what they previously agreed to when they signed up? GT is free and maintained for all of us. There's lots here I think is silly and could do without, and there are some things I wish could be permitted, but I respect the time and resources it takes to provide this forum. Posting here is a priviledge and there are responsibilities that come with it. The first few folks might have been absent-minded and posted in haste, but who, days and days later hasn't seen this thread at the top of the forum?

I would venture it would be someone who doesn't have the time to check Greytalk on an hourly/daily basis and thus had no idea that there had been other posts. They may have gotten a link in an email, thought, "hey - GT is talking about it!" (especially in light of all the posts on the Fort Worth Dogs), came onto the board, perused a few pages and saw nothing. So they think, "hey- maybe they don't know!" and post it. Sure they saw this post, but they may not think they are violating as very few people read TOS of any website/agreement/etc. For shame on them, certainly.

But again - my point is that one should not assume these people who are being sent on vacation are posting the links with the purpose of being malicious or bratty. There are logical explanations - occam's razor if you wish - for the posts especially as it was a different people at different times.