Some Good Thoughts For Miss Daytona Please

Guest greybookends

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending many prayers and good thoughts for Daytona and mommy too.... :grouphug :grouphug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

How is Daytona today Lori?

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest greybookends

Daytona had her pre- surgical exam. All is well. Her surgery is scheduled for Thursday. They will remove the growth, send it off for a biopsy, clean her teeth and give her a real good pedicure. So now we wait for Thursday. The growth isn't bothering her, but it is very suspicious looking and it is better to be safe than sorry.

Guest greybookends

Lori, is there anyway you could post a picture of the growth?? The reason I'm asking is Dylan has a "growth" warty type thing that I've had the vet look at. He said it doesn't look like anything, but in the back of my mind I think it may be something... :blush

I will see if I can get the wiggle butt to sit still to get a picture. :P

Guest greybookends

I made sure to get my thumb next to one of the pictures to give you an idea of how big it is. It was just a small skin tag a year and a half ago.

Picture1954.jpg

Picture1958.jpg

Picture1955.jpg

:goodluck re next week.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest greybookends

Lori, thanks for the pix. It looks EXACTLY like what Dylan has. I don't want to put him through removing it. He had a severe stroke 1 year ago and has had seizures in the past...Keep us posted on Sweet Daytona!!

If he has seizures and the growth is not bothering him I agree you should leave it alone. My biggest concern is that not long ago this was just a small skin tag with smooth edges and was about the size of a small tick. The changes, for me, make it very suspicious.

Keeping all fingers and toes crossed for Miss Daytona while chanting "Everything is fine and B9. Everything is fine and B9. Everything is fine and B9".

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest greybookends

Well she's on her way home. They kept her longer than expected because she was taking a bit longer to shake off the anesthesia. The vet that did the surgery is about a hour from us so we decided to make a day of it in Myrtle Beach, but when it was taking longer than expected DH brought me home and then went back after Daytona since I've been under the weather this week and had reached my limit.

DH called said she is doing fine. No tooth extractions just a level one cleaning(not bad for an 11yo that just had her first dental). They quik cut her toenails for me to help me keep the little wiggle butts nails at a more manageable length. They sent off the growth and will call me when the results are back.

Vet said to just give her a light dinner tonight, so I am going to scramble her some eggs and open a can of sardines for her and top it off with a Burpdog biscuit and she should be right as rain.

Thanks for all the prayers. I'll let you know the test results on the growth when they let me know.

Guest goofydog

Vet said to just give her a light dinner tonight, so I am going to scramble her some eggs and open a can of sardines for her and top it off with a Burpdog biscuit and she should be right as rain.

I should think 'right as rain', I sure would be after that meal!

Seriously though, glad to hear she is on the way home with all her toofers and the growth removed. Fingers and paws crossed for a B9 report.

Guest IrskasMom

Good Thoughts, more Prayers and lots of Kisses for Wiggle Butt. Lori ,it was so nice to finnaly Meet you at Dewey. It was my Pleasure.Please keep us Updated on her Condition and her Lab Report.

Erika and Morty :)

:kiss2 Miss Daytona Wiggle Butt. So glad everything seems to be shaping up nicely. Will be squeezing in a few extra prayers:hope :hope :hope for a very swift and uneventful recovery from all procedures and that pesky anesthetic.

pee-ess: I am so glad to have made the trip to NC from FL to meet you and Morty among other things! My daughter is now a huge fan of the Breakfast/Dinner with Bill series!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest ThunderPaws

Awww... glad she is on her way back home! Give 'my' girl Daytona a kiss for me!!! :kiss2

That's right, I forgot that she's never had a dental before, it's because her breeder gave her knuckle bones to chew on. I was amazed how nice her teeth were when she came up to my house as a foster. This little wiggle butt is one amazing girl!! :wub:

Guest greybookends

Awww... glad she is on her way back home! Give 'my' girl Daytona a kiss for me!!! :kiss2

That's right, I forgot that she's never had a dental before, it's because her breeder gave her knuckle bones to chew on. I was amazed how nice her teeth were when she came up to my house as a foster. This little wiggle butt is one amazing girl!! :wub:

The vet was pretty amazed when I told her. She seems just fine so far. She ate her dinner after she settled down last night, she was stressing a bit. She had her chicken foot this morning and so far does not appear to need a pain pill but I am keeping a close eye just to make sure she is not in any pain. All seems well. :)

Sending hugs to momma and scritchies to Miss Daytona this morning. Fingers crossed that the little thingy was just a funky skin tag and nothing at all to worry about.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am glad to hear that Miss Daytona is doing okay Lori. I hope she has a speedy recovery!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.