Bay

greyhounds1234

As I was reading your lovely tribute, I was thinking how very much you must be missing her, and my heart aches for you. You and Bay were blessed to have shared such a deep love and very special bond.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious girl.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all so much. It's been a pretty rough few days. I've done a few rounds of "what if's" and "we should have's" but I've worked passed the majority of that.

I am still struggling with the fact that she just isn't here any more. I look over at the bed where she spent her evenings with me and it's empty. I walk around the house and she isn't following me. It brings me to tears.

I had been window shopping for another greyhound or even a whippet before Bay got sick so now I'm hoping that Bay will help me along with that search. Our house has way too many vacant beds right now. I never thought that the house would be this empty with just 2 greys.

I've got to heal a bit first 'cause I'm just not emotionally ready. I've spent the majority of this week just sitting on the floor with our other two dogs and they are starting to look at me like "Mom, we appreciate the closeness but this is a bit much." So, I'll get it all sorted out in my heart eventually.

Mom to BridgeGreys~~STORM 07/99-02/08/11, VICKI 12/15/00-01/12/11, BAY 02/00-10/25/10 and CASHEW 10/99-2/23/10

and cats ~~ IRISH, MUMBLES, MUFFIN, TJ, PUNKIN and Bridge cats SARAH (07/29/97-07/07/06) and BRIE (04/11/96-01/22/12)

a very lively Whippet, OLIVIA and JAKE, the Iggy

Guest indigojen

Patti,

I'm so sorry to hear about Bay. I remember how little,skinny and how sad she looked when we first met her. She turned into a beautiful, sweet girl.

We're both thinking of you and know how terribly hard it is much too well.

Jen & Gwynn

Patti,

I'm so sorry to hear about Bay. I remember how little,skinny and how sad she looked when we first met her. She turned into a beautiful, sweet girl.

We're both thinking of you and know how terribly hard it is much too well.

Jen & Gwynn

Thank you! She was a pitiful looking dog when we first got her, wasn't she? It took her a while to blossom but she turned out pretty good.

How are you two doing? Glad to hear from you!

Mom to BridgeGreys~~STORM 07/99-02/08/11, VICKI 12/15/00-01/12/11, BAY 02/00-10/25/10 and CASHEW 10/99-2/23/10

and cats ~~ IRISH, MUMBLES, MUFFIN, TJ, PUNKIN and Bridge cats SARAH (07/29/97-07/07/06) and BRIE (04/11/96-01/22/12)

a very lively Whippet, OLIVIA and JAKE, the Iggy

We had a routine, Bay and I. Every night for years, when I got ready to head for bed, I'd turn off the lights, computer and whatever else was on and I'd head for the bathroom. Once she heard the flush, she knew it was time for her to get up and we'd head for the bedroom. If she didn't hear the flush, she wouldn't get up. She was a hoot.

Neyla and I have the exact same routine. Zuri could care less, sometimes he'll get up and join us, sometimes he stays in the living room until later or for the entire night, but Neyla always comes to bed with me. When she started limping a couple of weeks ago, before we got her pain meds increased that first night she stayed in the living room. That's how I knew it wasn't good. The next night, the futon mattress was on the floor of the living room. Anyway, I'm rambling...it's just that the thought has crossed my mind often at night what it will be like when I flush and no one comes. :weep I'm so very sorry for your loss, it's clear that you and Bay had a very special relationship. She was beautiful too. I'm sorry it took me a little while to post in here, I don't visit remembrance often these days. :(

Again, I'm so sorry. :grouphug

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

• 2 weeks later...
:cry1 I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl. :grouphug:f_pink

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound