Suggestions Needed

Guest greytexplorer

While there are certain regulations regarding giving the meds away, my vet will occasionally give me some nearly-expired or returned by a previous user meds for me to share with an adoption group.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest Smiley

I believe that some adoption groups may accept unused, but well marked and fresh meds. Maybe call your local adoption group or humane society?

Actually, try not to flush. Believe it or not - the meds - even after processing through treatment plants, can contaminate waterways - and if you have leach fields can contaminate groundwater.

I gave Jack's back to the vet when he passed (I had already purchased the meds and paid for the surgery before we realized that he was regressing) and asked them to give it to someone who was in need.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

I called a couple of local shelters and they couldn't use Ryan's meds and suggested I just give them back to the vet.

So they were in my car when I happened to pass the county shelter and I stopped. Brought in a bag of food I had in the car and the meds and asked if they would be able to use them, if not, they'd go to my vet on my way home. She checked and they were able to use them.

Otherwise my vet could have give them to somebody that was having $$ but their dog needed meds.

Doesn't help you from Alabama, but we have a program here where you can give your unused veterinary medicine to Angell Memorial and they give them to aids patients who have pets.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest greyt_learner

I gave ours to a friend who's dog also has osteo - he is on the same meds, same dose, and she is struggling financially, so I was glad to be able to help her.

If I don't know anyone who can use them I donate them back to the vet to give to people who can't afford them. I feel better knowing the meds are being used correctly.B)

Edited by MZH