Kc Miss Sas - Sassy

Guest Peanut

Guest Peanut

It's with a broken heart and many tears we've said good bye to Sassy. Over the last week, I've been away from home. My husband has been doing a good job taking care of Sassy. Well, Friday night she won't come in from her walk. She won't walk up the steps. Once her finally gets her upstairs, she is panting heavy and wants to be in front of the fan. As the night progressed, she seemed to get disorientated and got herself stuck on the steps. He got her back to her bed and blocked of the steps so she wouldn't get stuck again. Saturday morning she seemed a little better. As the day progressed she seem to be panting less, resting more, and eating okay. This morning, she could not straighten out when she stood. She was shaking horrible and was panting to the point of being hoarse. I came home and we rushed her to the ER vet. She had a temp of 105 and was in pain upon exam. She had a history of pinched nerve in her neck. The last episode was in the spring and a trip to the acupuncture seemed to take care of it. This time things were worse and much more intense. Blood work showed that everything was in "normal" limits for a greyhound. She was is so much pain and discomfort, we couldn't let her suffer any more. We let her run free.... To be with all my other greyhounds that have gone before her.

It seems so very strange to not have her at home. To not have her peek her nose around the corner to look for me. To not have her get excited when she hears the car alarm beep. We are now a home without a greyhound. 10 years of greyhounds and many a greyhound through my door, I never thought this day would come.

post-3374-12800989353785_thumb.jpg

Be free my Sasasfras!! Mommy misses you!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My deepest, heartfelt sympathy. The house may echo with silence... but the Bridge is bursting with doggy laughter and lots of fun! And where Sassy was welcomed with open paws.

Edited by OwnedBySummer

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

I'm so very sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Sassy.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

God Speed, Sassy.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

I am so sorry for your loss. Take comfort in knowing that your sweet girl is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

You will see her from the corner of your eye in the places that she loved to be. You will hear the click of her nails on the floor when the the house is quiet and you are alone. She will come to you in the softest of memories when you least expect it. She may no longer be physicaly there but she is not gone. She is still there with you, settled comfortably in your heart in that place that is hers alone. 82wr49g.gif

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star