Beau- Things Are Heading In The Wrong Direction

Mary- cow hoofs. I take his food and stuff it in there and freeze it so he has a treat which is really his food. We get 1/4 can into each hoof and we have a tray in the freezer with 1/3 an in each hoof. It's just what we do with what we got! Don't tell him.

Dinner was difficult.

Total for today.

1 cup kibble am

1 cup kibble pm

some tilapia

some z/d canned.

We need more calories.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mary- cow hoofs. I take his food and stuff it in there and freeze it so he has a treat which is really his food. We get 1/4 can into each hoof and we have a tray in the freezer with 1/3 an in each hoof. It's just what we do with what we got! Don't tell him.

Robin--just a longshot here. Do you think the cow hoofs are causing him some GI distress?? Are you sure he can handle beef??? Just a thought.

edited 'cause I can't spell :P

Edited by tbhounds

He doesn't eat the hoofs. Just the food. Not an issue. And he has not touched a hoof in 48 hours.

He's just not wanting to eat. I will speak to the vet tomorrow when she calls about his labs and my guess is that we will have to increase the pred although it's only been 5 days. It's been a real struggle getting him to eat. So far today 1 cup of kibble (254 calories) and 3/4 of a tilapia fish.

That's it. And that did not come easy.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Guest Hollys2hounds

Checking in on you and Beau this morning...

I know you are waiting to speak with the vet, but any changes in his eating?

Robin I haven't been on so much lately and haven't read the entire thread, but isn't there some sort of vitamin B shot that is supposed to help stimulate appetite (I've only read about this, don't really know anything about it)? Would that be something Beau could have? I am so sorry you are going through this again.

We managed to get him to eat by the end of the day yesterday but it did not come easy.

Vet called this morning and as we thought, his labs were perfect.

So, we will stay on course with 10mg pred and increase to 20 mg every other day until that jump starts him.

He is not acting like himself. He is usually highly insane. He is subdued. Subdues and Beau do not go together. He is not depressed. Just kinda dragging. Can't figure this out.

Edited by RobinM