Beau- Things Are Heading In The Wrong Direction

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the acupuncture will help Beau. Sam enjoyed his acupuncture session (got to lie on the floor, and lots of people petted him because it was a training session for veterinary acupuncturists and Sam was their volunteered "victim"). They specifically noted during the session that his pulse slowed down as he felt better, even though he had not exhibited much of a real problem. (Just some "old man" gimpiness on occasion.) Anyway, Sam did move better after the session.

I know Beau's diet is restricted, but can he have real fish? Something like sardines or tuna? The smell might arouse his interest, and you could just try non-stop treating him if he'll eat them.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Thanks for everyones prayers.

Unfortunately, we had to start the pred again to jump start him. So, we gave him 10mg of pred this afternoon. DH came home from work around 2 to see if he could get something into him. Nodda.

Beau gets tilapia reguarly and he hasn't shown any interest in that either. He has eaten a few of his dehydrated tilapia cookies we make him. We dehydrate 10 pounds of tilapia a week for him!!!

But what we did do (and I pray to GOD we don't live to regret this) we gave him tuna water added to his kibble and he ate close to 2 cups. He IS walking better - how do I know this? He JUMPED up and me and tried to tongue me. Anyone who knows my Beau, knows that's just what he does!

I wish I could say we are on our way, but I know better. So, one meal at a time, we will get through his too. We have to. I see no other options when it comes to my Beau.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest FreddyGirl

Thattah way lover boy. (aka the Best T _ _ gue Action This Side of the Mississippi).

He felt the positive vibes and wanted to make his momma happy.

One meal at a time, the next will be fine. It has to be, this is Beau Beau we are talking about.

Positive karma and energy eminating your way for kibbie eating, a relaxed home and easy walkies.

Fingers crossed for a huge pack walk on Saturday!

Edited by FreddyGirl

Good thoughts for Beau, he has to get better, he has to. It's part of the :rules.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest IHeartDogs

*sending healing thoughts for sweet Beau*

It is so scary when our dogs get sick, but with Beau having IBD it is even more urgent he gets better quickly.

:grouphug:

Keep us updated.

As a side note, there is a YAHOO IBD board run by gestapos very structured people. Let's put it this way, I have been a member since 1/09 and I still have my posts "moderated for approval" whenever I post which is not very often. Maybe 1 or 2 every 3-6 months.

BUT, they really know the IBD stuff better than a lot of vets. If you can get by the nonsense of getting into trouble for things like not cutting a post you are answering and having your signatre with dogs, name, age, diagnosis, how diagnosed, where you live, food you tried, are on, meds, Etc., etc., not on the post each and every time, it's a greyt tool.

So, I asked if ANYONE on the board ever went from pred to budesonide and so far-- no one has said anything. Like everything I do in life...

One day at a time...

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Sending healing thoughts to sweet Beau. :goodluck:candle

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest how888

Wish I had an answer for you.. I feel so bad for him.. Keep us posted.. I just hate when they don't eat. Praying for you sweetie.

Better night, even better morning. Back off pred since we only gave him one dose and it can't be the pred yet!

Small baby steps. He is walking better and eating a little better. We will get there. No options.

:blush:blush

Prayers for Beau. Beau you got to eat............get your strength back so you can do the walks.

Thanks!

He has plenty of strength for walks. We just can't do anything excessive although we did walk him this morning because he really wanted to go, it's been a week and he was walking much better.

It's the eating thing.. or lack of... we were hoping he would continue like he was doing last night... but he is not... back on pred.

Very upset about that...

glad to hear he is doing better today!

ehhhhh, not wonderful in the eating department.

Have I mentioned how much this SUX and how sick of it I am???? Really now.... ARGH.

He has had less than 900 caloried 2 days in a row and before that 360 calories. And getting him to eat that is literally standing on our heads and spitting 14K Gold nickels.

Totally ridiculous. And believe me if he didn't have the "issues" he has, it would be eat it or not. I have come a looooooong way in that department! Ask Teddy! :lol;)

I will be bringing him in tomorrow although I know it will be for naught.

Sigh. I am very frustrated and yet I know I had 16 months of good with an IBD dog so I am ahead of the game... But still.

I'm sorry Robin, I know how hard this can be. I also know what you mean about the IBD yahoo group. I will keep Beau in my thoughts and prayers.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

sending hugs to Beau and you both :grouphug :grouphug :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway