Gracey Is At The Er Vet

Guest K9Cookies

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:goodluck

I hope Gracey is feeling better this morning.

Edited by GreyPoopon

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Just seeing this, I'm so sorry Kristin. Could be something very simple.

Please keep us posted and I will keep Gracey in my prayers

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest Energy11

Just seeing this too!

Sorry Gracey is sick! I am thinking an infection of some type. The antiboitics, DEFINITELY the fluids, and yes, the x-ray are all very good.

Let's hope she feels better soon, and she can come home today!

Sending lots of love and prayers!

Guest K9Cookies

Thank you everyone. :blush

Gracey's is doing much better this morning. Her fever is down and she's more comfortable. The ER Vet requested that she be transferred to our regular vet's for the day, for more fluids and testing. That's OK with us because we didn't want her to be alone all day.

X-ray came back OK. Thank goodness.

A couple of things-

*She's had this weird eye problem for quite a long time that comes and goes in her right eye. The outer white area gets really red. We'd done drops when it gets bad, it gets better for a while and then can flare up again.

*She's had issues with vaginal discharge due to a larger flap and reduced air flow and all of that. We've tried medication and creams, but are considering surgery to correct the problem. Things have been better lately.

So, our vet is going to check out those issues. The ER Vet thought the eye problem and fever could be related to a tick-borne disease. They'll do a full panel to test for those.

I'll let you guys know something if I hear anything. The trip is still on for Florida. DH will pick up Gracey after work and bring her home.

Guest Energy11

Thank you everyone. blush.gif

Gracey's is doing much better this morning. Her fever is down and she's more comfortable. The ER Vet requested that she be transferred to our regular vet's for the day, for more fluids and testing. That's OK with us because we didn't want her to be alone all day.

X-ray came back OK. Thank goodness.

A couple of things-

*She's had this weird eye problem for quite a long time that comes and goes in her right eye. The outer white area gets really red. We'd done drops when it gets bad, it gets better for a while and then can flare up again.

*She's had issues with vaginal discharge due to a larger flap and reduced air flow and all of that. We've tried medication and creams, but are considering surgery to correct the problem. Things have been better lately.

So, our vet is going to check out those issues. The ER Vet thought the eye problem and fever could be related to a tick-borne disease. They'll do a full panel to test for those.

I'll let you guys know something if I hear anything. The trip is still on for Florida. DH will pick up Gracey after work and bring her home.

Glad she is feeling a little better. When they do the tick panel, be sure they test for Babesia, which is sometimes is not on the usual tick panels from vet's offices.

Sending lots of love and hugs!

Guest K9Cookies

Is Babesia something they can test for in the office? I thought some had to be sent to a special testing facility. The ER vet mentioned babesia, so I'm sure it's on the radar.

Thank you!

Edited by K9Cookies

Just now seeing this. I'm sorry Gracey was not well last night, but glad she's feeling a bit better today. Hopefully you will be able to get a good diagnosis quickly.

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

Guest Energy11

Ids Babesia something they can test for in the office? I thought some had to be sent to a special testing facility. The ER vet mentioned babesia, so I'm sure it's on the radar.

Thank you!

The vet can draw a tube of blood and it can be sent by them or you, to Protatek Labs. They are pretty quick and there is a requisition sheet you can download as well. http://www.redrockbiologics.com/FAQ.html

Good Luck!

Guest GentleHugs

If her eye is getting red and you have to put drops in her eye - you might want to have her eyes checked for Pannus. Pannus will cause redness in the whites of the eyes making the dog look like they have been hung over for awhile. It also causes a thin "film" over the outside lens of the eye and an opaque circle around the iris of the eye. Sunlight irritates the eye and causes the Pannus to flare up. Pannus is an autoimmune disorder where the eye actually become allergic to the UV light in the sun's rays. They can get Pannus in one eye or both. Left untreated can cause blindness. However, I don't think Pannus would cause a sudden spike in temp but a TBD sure would. Sometimes TBD's can lie dormant for years then all of a sudden, something sets it off (stress, another health problem, etc) and bang - your dog suddenly and unexpectedly takes seriously ill.

Glad to hear she's feeling better and glad to hear the vet has suggested checking for TBD's, too.

Guest jettcricket

Glad to hear that it appears that it's nothing serious and that she's feeling a bit better.

Please keep us posted!

Thank goodness they got her fever down and she's feeling better. Now to figure out what caused it in the first place. Good healing thoughts headed Gracie's way.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest FullMetalFrank

Glad she is feeling better. My first thought would be to get her seen by a veterinary opthamologist for the eye issue; and as for her girly parts, is there any chance her anatomy is causing her to harbor a UTI or other infection? My little girl is similarly formed but to a very slight degree; sometimes I need to help her stay clean with a quick wipe but it's nothing that's caused her problems.

Anyways, glad she is doing better and I hope you find a quick answer/solution to her problems.

Guest vahoundlover

Just seeing this. Sending lots of prayers Miss Gracey is feeling much better and you will get some answers soon.

Guest Smiley

Poor Gracey. We'll be keeping her close in our thoughts and prayers. I hope they are able to get you a definitive diagnosis soon and that it will be easily treatable. Hugs to all of you Kristin!

Guest moremoney

Hi everyone. Kristin wanted me to let you know that Gracey is doing better. Her temp is normal and everything seems to be back to normal. She will post when they are back from Florida.

Just seeing his Kristin. Glad that Greacey's fever has gone down. Hope she is feeling back to her feisty self real soon. We are thinking of you all.

Amy and Maddie

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Guest K9Cookies

Thanks, everyone.

We are home with 5 hounds in the house! :eek Gracey is back to her normal self. Our vet called today to check on her. She's expecting the tick panel results either on Tuesday or Wednesday because of the holiday. I'll let you know what we find out. :)