Guilt And Loss

Guest Layla_mom

Guest dwolfe711

We are so sorry for your loss of Layla - please do not feel you did the wrong thing - you did what was best for her. We were told years ago when making tough decisions about when to let one of our babies go - "Better a day too early than a day too late" - You did the right thing - and we hope your wonderful memories of her will help to ease your pain at her loss - :bighug

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry. How awful for both of you. I had the same doubts when I sent Loca to the bridge this past June; in fact I cried after having read your post. It's a horrible feeling, but as things start to settle down and you can view the situation more clearly, you'll realize that you spared Layla from having to live in pain.

Please be kind to yourself. You did the right thing and you made your decision out of love after having considered the options. :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

You made the right decision. I had to make that decision just a few hours after I brought Ali home from her ultrasound. There was nothing else we or vets could do for them. May God bless you in your time of need. May your beautiful Layla run free. :angelwings

Guest luvskinnies

Don't feel guilty. You did the right thing, without a doubt. I know it hurts, but it is such a selfless thing that you did for her. I know it's only natural to question yourself, doubt yourself, believe me, I've been there. Just give yourself time to grieve and heal. When you feel a bit better you will know that you did the right thing, this is a good place to come to express your feelings, there are (too many) many of us who have been in this situation before. f_yellow

My heart aches for you. :brokenheart Your decision was absolutely right for Layla... and made from love and knowing her so very well. You did everything possible to save her and give her quality of life. The hardest decision is when to let them go. Sending loads of hugs your way, to find peace. :grouphug Godspeed, sweet Layla... :gh_run

could not have said it better myself... I too beat my self up over my decision 2 weeks ago with Psi but i know it was right. Hugs to you

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

All those questions you have are NORMAL! The guilt is NORMAL and the what if's are NORMAL. I am sure you made the right decision from your heart, she is in a better place at peace and renewed health. Please try not to be so hard on yourself............

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg