Cofax Came Through Surgery Well

Just spoke to Tina. Cofax came through her surgery well. The vet said that she bled the least amount of any greyhound he has ever seen. She will be at the vets for a few days. Tina is getting the house ready for her return in a few days.

The vet did indicate that it might not only be osteo, there might be some muscle affect as well. They biopsied the lymph nodes and will have those results in a few days.

If you could keep lovely Cofax in your prayers I know Tina, Bob and Cofax would appreciate it.

------------- Update via email from Tina --------------------

Just a quick note ........... so Bob & I can grab a quick dinner and sneek in to try to see her again...... My sister in law Ruth came and sat with me during surgery and then we went to lunch. I'm glad she was there. I know I could have done this on my own.... but it's still good to have that extra "wind beneath my wings".... just like having so many other friends and family from all over the world there for us. The doctor that did the surgery said she's doing better than any greyhound he has ever had to do an amp on. He's followed the guidelines of Dr. Couto and had min.bleeding and brusing. He did a sorta s or c cut instead of a y to have a better look later and less chance of infections while healing. The bone was terrible he said. We really did the right thing. There was definitely a big problem. He took samples of different areas and the lymph node to see if it's spread. We'll know more in a few day from the lymph node but could be up to 2 wks for the bone samples. I went to see her for a few mins today and she gave everyone a BIG scare and surprise when she stood up!!!! Boy did the team move fast! Doc said never has any of his amps - greyhound or otherwise ever stood up only 2hrs after surgery! He was amazed..... and I said.... that's why NOT to bring her home too soon! don't need her pooping stitches. But That's my girl..... she's strong. I have a photo of her today if you would like to see it... let me know.... don't want to post or email unless you do.... don't want to upset anyone. ..... but from others I've seen....... It's really good. Even I'm impressed.

Edited by carronstar

Thank you for updating us. I have been thinking of Tina and Cofax all morning. :hope :hope that recovery goes well!

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

We are thinking of Tina and Cofax.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

I have been worried all day. This is a relief to hear that Cofax did well. Thank you.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Sending prayers along for Cofax, Tina & Bob.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Can't seem to say too many prayers for Cofax and Tina. Won't stop, either. Hope all future updates will be as good, too! Sending healing white light.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Smiley

I'm so happy Cofax made it through and seemingly very well! I know how stressful the waiting is and what a treat to get to see Cofax post-op. I'll be keeping everyone in my prayers!

From Tina.

Even Bob is amazed at all the support........ he said thank you from him personally. And he made a comment - it's good to know that there are so many people that still put the love they have for the dogs above everything else. Wish I could answer your posts directly - but there's always a way when you have angel friends - and when you have friends - mountains, valleys, and oceans - can't keep us apart. Bob said to tell everyone...... Thank you. It really helps to have such support..... and that comes from both of us....... We're so used to doing everything alone and always trying to be there for others..... this time.... we really appreciate it all more than we can ever express.

This morning Cofax had some blood in her urine - but it cleared up so they think it was just from the cath. and she was sleeping finally but still not eating. The swelling is about the same but very little brusing. So I'll call this afternoon to be sure she's up for a visit.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Sending my good thoughts for a speedy and complete recovery. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

From Tina:

One of the awesome suggestions we received is to use Artemisinin. I guess Dr. Couto's studies use it too. http://en.wikipedia....iki/Artemisinin Has anyone else used it? I was going to try some of the local natural stores to see if they carry it before I order it on line.... just curious if any had any thoughts. The vet didn't seem to be against it here either. Many thanks.

bonecancerdogs