Vet Visit For Brookie

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

I have to admit I'm not one for taking my hounds to the vet.

Brookie is getting way up there in age (13 1/2) and I often related many things to her getting old.

She has lost a fair amount of weight (10lbs) she hasn't been eating well and I have been very worried. But figured, OK something bad is going on, I'm sure it's not something that can be fixed.

I bit the bullet and made an appointment at the vet for just some blood work up and urine sample. That was it, nothing more. My Brookie gal is old, I'm not putting her threw more then I feel was needed.

You can't even imagine how happy I am now that I did. Brookie had a bladder infection. Yes, I feel like a horrible mom thinking I should have gotten her in sooner.

But in life you live and learn.

Blood work was perfect, heart, lungs and everything else was spot on. I was actually shocked by all those good reports. Yes, I cried at the vets office over the good news :blush

My reason for this post? Sometimes there is good news posted in H&M :)

and of course my beautiful girl Brookie

20100314173132.jpg

:yay for Brookie :)

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest Adrianne

She's gorgeous!! And don't beat yourself up; we all know what a good mom you are. And yes, good news in H&M is always cause for celebration! confetti.gif

Feel better soon Brookie. You sure are gorgeous. :wub:

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest Swifthounds

So good to see some good news in H/M. :D

Bladder infections can be really sneaky. IME A lot of the time the only "symptom" you see is a general ADR ("ain't doin' right"), so it can be hard to diagnose in a older hound or one with other health problems. Some things that might be symptoms are often merely signs of aging.

And thanks for sharing the photo of Brookie! It's hard for me to believe Trojan's now 13 1/4 and still going - at his own pace and to his own drummer!

So nice to see some good news in Health & Medical! Feel better soon, beautiful Brookie!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown