Struggling With Whitey

Guest bigorangedog

Guest Smiley

You are such an amazing mom to Whitey Jen. To listen so closely to your boy is giving him a beautiful gift. I'm keeping you both very close in my thoughts. Sending you both many hugs today.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BooBooMama

Wanted to let sweet Whitey's fans all know that after a rough weekend, we are feeling like tomorrow may be the day we help him to go. You can see the blog for updates on how he has been doing lately, but the short version is that he had 2 pretty darn good weeks but has slid sharply the past couple days. I love my little guy so much, and am still listening carefully to him. If he tells me tonight that he wants another day, then he will get it, but my sense is that he is getting tired. I am spending the day sitting by him.

Just one week ago these were almost my exact words. They DO tell you when they are ready- BooBoo let me know.

Warm hugs to you,

Gigi

What an incredible amount of love you have packed into the time Whitey has been with you. And there seems to be an equally generous spirit inside both of you that has made this time so meaningful.

I believe they truly do live in the moment, and Whitey, in giving you moments to cherish, felt that joy as well.

You know and love him better than anyone, and will listen to what he tells you.

You're both in my prayers.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm so sorry your time with Whitey is growing short. But the quality of life Whitey has enjoyed with you has been a lifetime's worth. Trust in yourself. Trust in Whitey. And know that Whitey completely trusts in you.

You were both blessed to find each other. :f_white:gh_run:bighug

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

Guest vahoundlover

Sending you and Whitey prayers of peace and love. You are such an awesome mom, I'm glad Whitey has you.grouphug.gif

Guest bigorangedog

Today is not the day for my little fighter. Day by day. I'll let everyone know when he leave us, but for now he does not seem ready.

:grouphug

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Still thinking of you and Whitey. It sounds like he is putting a valiant fight and as you say, you will know when the time is right, he will tell you. We'll keep you both in our thoughts.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest bigorangedog

He left us today. He finally told me he was tired, and we helped him go. He put up a hell of a fight, but I told him he didn't need to fight any more. I am so grateful that I got to know him. I'm going to miss him with all my heart.

Thank you for sharing Whitey with us and for giving him so much love and care. I am so sorry he had to leave and so sorry for your loss. :grouphug

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

:grouphug I'm so sorry :( Thank you for sharing him with us :)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--