May I Sneak In A Request For Good Thoughts

Bailey made it through just fine. Update is on page 2. :)

Bailey is probably around 16 now. He's been part of my pack and my life for 13 years. Bailz has had a marked (IV/VI) heart murmur for several years, and even though he's not symptomatic of it, my vet has not wanted to put him under anesthesia because of the risk. He's really needed a dental badly for the last few years (he used to have regular dentals twice yearly) but Fiona did not feel it justified the risk of his not surviving anesthetization.

Well, we don't have a choice now. I noticed his lymph nodes below his mandible were quite swollen, and he was eating gingerly. Fiona saw him Thursday, and unfortunately he probably blew an abscess in his canine, and now has a fistula communicating with his sinus. This could explain why he's had recurrent sinus infections, though there was no visible fistula 2 months ago when he had his annual exam. He's going in Tuesday, and Fiona will pull any teeth that need pulling (all of them if necessary), clean everything out, scale any remaining teeth, and cover the fistula with a flap. If she doesn't do this, food particles will enter the fistula and also the sinus. He's clearly having dental pain. And the surgery/dental isn't elective. He's on clavamox at least until the surgery, and probably for a while afterward.

Please keep my King of Tinkle in your thoughts on Tuesday. I lost Lexi in August, and just couldn't bear it if anything happened to Bailey. Thanks from me and my best boy Bailz!

Edited by greyhndz

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

Jordan, all my good thoughts and wishes will be going to Bailey on Tuesday. He is such a cutie!

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Aww, Bailey boy, you'll have your handsome pain-free smile back in no time. :wub:

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Sending prayers for Bailey. He will be fine.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest Fasave

Oh Bailey! Please hang in there and let the vet make your mouth healthy and you feel better. Jordan, we will be thinking of you. Hang in there!