Washable Mattress Pads

Ages ago I remember someone posting a link where they bought waterproof mattress pads that they used for their greyhound. Of course now that I need the link I can't find it :rolleyes: Does anyone know a good place to buy them online? Milky and Suzy are to that age where they can't always hold it all day and the disposable pee pads move so much they sometimes miss :(

Trish, Thorpe, Thorton, Solstice and Remy
Come see us at Milkys Greyt Goodies Fleece coats, cool-down coats, pajamas and Scrunchies for the well dressed greyhound

Guest TeddysMom

I buy mine on Ebay. I just watch and who ever has them on sale or I find a good auction price, I bid. I do have to say that they do have a satiny backing and also slip a bit inside the bed covers but nothing like the disposables. They also wash really well and last a long time. I have some that came with me from FL 3 years ago and are still going strong.

Have you tried Walmart? I buy a waterproof bed pad and cut it in half. I get two large pads out of it and they are machine washable and dryable.

I only pay $8.97 for it. When the vinyl starts to show tiny pinholes in it, I replace it.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

These from Jrs Medical Supply are the best I've ever found and the price can't be beat for brand new ones. I bought some at Target, but they were crappy and cheap. These are very thick, absorbent and HUGE 34" x 52" for $8.20 each. They also ship super fast, I got mine overnight for no extra cost.

Edited to add that the used ones may be cheaper, but they are smaller and quite honestly the thought of used ones really gives me the skeeves!

Edited by ckruzan

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

IT WAS JRS!!! Thank you for all the suggestions. JRS was the one I was thinking of though.

Trish, Thorpe, Thorton, Solstice and Remy
Come see us at Milkys Greyt Goodies Fleece coats, cool-down coats, pajamas and Scrunchies for the well dressed greyhound

IT WAS JRS!!! Thank you for all the suggestions. JRS was the one I was thinking of though.

I'm glad I could help! Someone on GT once dubbed me Queen of the Potty Pads, a dubious distinction, but earned the hard way. When my non-grey girl was in the throws of SARDS she became incontinent for a period of time, so I had a crash course in high quality washable/reusable pee pads!

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Someone on GT once dubbed me Queen of the Potty Pads

lol-schild.gif OMG! That's too funny. I think you were the one who told me about JRS, and for that I :bow2.

I bought a big supply a couple of years ago of the mega-sized ones, and I still have many I've haven't used yet. They last a long time and stand up well to washing. The price can't be beat and I'd recommend them to anyone.

My iggy-angel Lexi issued her tinkle of approval, and that's an honor she didn't give out lightly! ;)

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

• 4 years later...

If anyone has any places with a good price on the 44" x 52" reusable quilted pads, please let me know. Doodles is going to need some for a while as she sometimes has some accidents while she is recovering. She's peed outside 4 times, but had two pee accidents last night. I didn't hear her get up, even though she was about 10 feet away from me with a low light on...it was raining so hard that's all I could hear. No poops yet.

FYI, JRS Medical Supply is NOT the place to buy reusable bedpads anymore. The same pads that were $8.00+ two years ago are now over $26.00 each. I wrote to them and complained bitterly about their price gouging and told them that I am now on the search for more pads at a reasonable price. I had about 10 - 12 of them in the past and was stupid and "loaned' out the ones I had. I'm down to 4. :censored

Edited by seeh2o

When I couldn't find/buy pee pads large enough (my old girl walks around while she pees) I bought plain $2.50 shower liners from K-mart and put fleece material or old towels on top. After being used I just folded it up and put in washer. I get the shower liners at Walmart, they are sturdy enough to wash and they air dry quick. Don't put them in the dryer. Liners from the The Dollar Store do not work they are to thin to wash.

I just clicked on the link and it says their website is under construction. Phooey!!

They're probably raising their prices. I've got a 34" X 52" invacare pad I can send you.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it but hold on to it as it is a precious commodity! I'm having Ed send me some I'd loaned him and a couple he bought from Jrs a couple of years ago before they raised their rates so high.

It's working again this morning!

Awesome--did ya ever think you would be so excited to find a deal on bed pads?? :-)

I know...that and good poop! Prices are great on the 36" ones! Bed pads, not on poop, that is!