Gassy Hounds

Do your greys have gas so bad that "It is enough to gag a maggot" or "Peel the pain off of walls"? I asked Susan (Breakthrough on Corns)what she would suggest what she did was give me some for the 3 Hooligans and I will try it and let you know how it works. She also said it is good for humans and gives it to her dh. Will keep you updated. :weep mine do bring tears to my eyes :lol:

It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

Missing my Big Blue eyed Bear

Let us know what it is. I have three greys; just half of your gas, but still would be interested if there is a fix for it. :lol

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

HI; WHEN WE FIRST GOT OUR FOSTER/NOW ADOPTED MICAH WE COULDN'T INVITE PEOPLE INTO THE HOUSE....IT WAS THAT BAD!! SOMEONE SUGGESTED PUTTING A DOLLUP OF PLAIN YOGURT ON THE KIBBLE AND .....IT WORKED! BEFORE YOU START CHANGING FOODS, MAYBE JUST TRY A SPOONFUL OF YOGURT. IT'S WORTH THE TRY.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Guest aaspenwall

LOL about the "peel the paint off the walls" comment! That is exactly what I used to think about the intensity of my first greyhound's gas. I've mixed one soup spoon of plain or vanilla yogurt with breakfast and dinner kibble for four different dogs spanning the last 8 years and it works well. Not always, but usually. Occasionally we'll still get a stinker or two, but the yogurt does help keep it under control.

Guest bluefawn

This stuff really works - http://www.entirelyp...tifloradog.html

It adds this info though: Feeding And Administration Use under the supervision or direction of your veterinarian. A box of FortiFlora™ contains 30 packets. Each packet is 1 gram and is guaranteed to deliver 1 X 108 CFU/g of Enterococcus faecium SF68.

So do you have to get a Rx?

I have had problems with gas in mine, but it is usually when I feed them some kind of new food or new treats. As long as I don't deviate from their regular diet, they don't seem to have any of the paint-peeling gas lol.gif

My Grey had BAD stomach problems when I got him. After a lot of money paid to the vet for tests ($2500.00) and finding nothing, I switched his food to Dick Van Patten's Bison and Sweet Potato..all problems cleared up. This was my first dog in 35 years and the vet knew it!

Guest BostonDan

Bella has her gassy moments for sure!. We call them B-bombs. That girl has actually farted so bad, I have sworn up and down she had an accident someplace and have hunted all over the place. Nope, just a very bad B-bomb.

I try to make sure her fanny is never facing me if we are both laying on the couch or the bed now. I am pretty sure getting hit at close range would peel my skin off haha

I swear all three of mine aim their butts towards me and then let go. The tablets that Susan gave me yesterday had reduced the stench somewhat. I gave them another one today so I will see how it goes. I have enough to last me through Monday so I will let you know how good/bad they are doing with the bombs.

Guest kahjul

Derbys gas was so bad we lit candles ALL OVER the house if someone was coming over. We tried every food out there, raw, yogurt to no avail. A product called Prozyme has saved her life!! (and mine, my husbands, etc) She still smells bad in stressful situations (during a road trip, etc) but for the norm, she's odor free.

Guest AGirlNamedMe

I mix Bella's kibble with about half a cup of pumpkin and that seems to work well for controlling gas. Keeps her poops better, too.

Hope you find a solution.

Pumpkin my pups except EZ (who eats anything) turn their noses up at it. The med I got from Susan is helping with the odor - it now to the point if they gas I don't gag and they have only had 2 doses. I will give them another one at breakfast and see what happens..

Ok, so....honestly, does Beano work? My male has been so gassy the last couple of weeks, I think I just very well may gag! I am tempted to take him outside and press on his stomach til all the gas is out...but he is farting literally every couple of minutes and they are some major BOMBS!!!

Edited by kolarik1

greytalk signature 2020.jpg

Marble, Noah, Eden, Raya (red heeler), Cooper & Trooper (naughty kittens)

Missing my bridge angels: Pop, Zelda, Mousey & Carmel