Nice Tribute To A Great Hound

rycezmom

Beautiful, I didn't realize Ozzie had passed away. May I ask if he had Osteo? I see he had Onie Jones in his pedigree.

I followed Ozzie's career. He was a trooper coming back from a broken leg.

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

Guest 3greysinPA

What a beautiful hound he was, and a beautiful tribute to him on youtube.

And, Wow! did you see how many races he won?

OK, i'm sorry if that is off topic.. but Wow!!

f_yellow Ozzie Sweetie. f_yellow .. not only were your Gorgeous you were super fast.

f_yellow:gh_run2 God Speed to that bridge Sweet Ozzie :gh_run2f_yellow

This was the official press release from Palm Beach Kennel Club

For Immediate Release

November 9, 2009

RACING GREAT OZZIE THE MAN PASSES AWAY

West Palm Beach, Fl. - Palm Beach Kennel Club racing sensation and a fan favorite of Greyhound enthusiasts around the world are mourning the loss of one of the sport’s finest athletes, Ozzie The Man.

Ozzie passed away from osteosarcoma last Saturday morning, November 7. He was six years old.

“Ozzie was one in a million.”, said his adopted “mom” Kristin Block. “The amount of fans he had was unreal. Australian papers even wrote about all of his races. I really miss him. He was way to young to die.”

He will be missed.

The overused and abused phrase “There will be never be another like him” absolutely applies to Ozzie. His career accomplishments (listed below) are impeccable. Often, after one of his many victories, kennel operator and trainer Tim Cahill would bring him into the track so his adoring fans could actually meet this friendly, gracious and courteous speed ball in person.

The sadness will stay with us for a while. Soon, broken hearts and souls will heal, and for the most part, the happy and glorious moments will rise to the surface.

Our condolences go out to Kristin, Tony and Dottie Morris, Tim Cahill, Cindy O’Connor and to racing fans around the world who had the privilege of following Ozzie’s amazing exploits.

Rest in peace our friend.

Contact: Jeff Prince (561) 683-2222, Ext. 126 / jprince@pbkennelclub.com

Ozzie The Man

Kennel: Cahill & O’Connor

Trainer: Tim Cahill

Owners: Tony and Dottie Morris

Career Record (Palm Beach / Hollywood): 104-79-11-6-2

OZZIE THE MAN’S HISTORIC CAREER ACCOMPLISHMENTS

November 7, 2004 - Wins first career race.

December 7, 2004 - Reached Grade “A,” winning that event.

April 16, 2005 - Wins $20,000 Bob Balfe Puppy Stakes.

May 14, 2005 - Wins National Greyhound Night of Stars 15.

June 19, 2005 - Wins Father’s Day All-Star Hot Box Feature.

July 1, 2005 - Honored as PBKC’s co-track champion for the 2004-05 racing season with 31 wins.

November 5, 2005 - Wins National Greyhound Night of Stars 16.

January 1, 2006 - Earns honorary title of North American Win Champion with 51 victories.

January 21, 2006 - Wins $25,000 He’s My Man Classic in a time of 29.34 seconds, a new stake record!

February 8, 2006 - Wins 22nd race in a row, a new win streak record for the Royal Palm Course.

February 11, 2006 - Clocks in at 29.15 seconds, tying him for the second fastest time on the Royal Palm Course in the track’s history.

October 30, 2005 to March 4, 2006 - Compiles 26-race win streak, second longest win streak in Palm Beach Kennel Club history!

March 1, 2006 - Wins the prestigious Rural Rube Award which is presented annually to the nation’s top greyhound racing in sprint competition.

March 4, 2006 - Runs his 42nd consecutive race in under 30 seconds. By far a Palm Beach Kennel Club record. The streak started July 9, 2005.

March 11, 2006 - Wins $25,000 Arthur J. Rooney, Sr. St. Patrick’s Invitational and collects a $20,000 “Big 3” bonus.

March 27, 2006 - Voted 2005 All-America Team Captain, the highest honor an individual greyhound can receive in the industry!

April 1, 2006 - Competes in finals of $75,000 Hollywood World Classic finishing second.

April 7, 2006 - Returns to Palm Beach Kennel Club winning his event by 11 lengths in 29.33 seconds.

April 7- May 6, 2006 - Compiles a record of 7-6-1-0-0, which includes a five-race win streak.

May 13, 2006 - Competes for the third time in a National Greyhound Night of Stars event.

Early June, 2006 - Ozzie sustains a broken foot during a routine morning schooling workout. Shortly after, the announcement is made that Ozzie The Man will retire.

March, 2007 - Honored as a member of the 2006 All-America Team.

Attached thumbnail(s)

I do hate cancer. It is the thief who robs us, everyday, of those we love.

Rest in peace handsome boy. You were a star.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

We followed Ozzie's career and he was the best of the best.. Yes, he is still THE MAN... Run free over that rainbow Ozzie.. Everyone in our family still has your your beautiful little bobble head in our curio cabinets.. :f_red:f_red:f_red:gh_run YOU WERE A WORLD CLASS CHAMPION...