Remembering A Dear Grey (T) Lady

Guest 3greysinPA

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is with a heavy heart that I respond to this post. I spent the entire day today at Linda's house with other members of the group going through paperwork and finding homes for the fosters and Linda's own greyhounds. Linda was a very special person who devoted much of her life to the welfare of the greyhounds. I hope now that she is at peace and playing with her many bridge angels. Linda was the heart and soul of Linda Ann's Greyhound Rescue. The greyhound world is now missing a remarkable women who despite her own medical problems always found the room for those greyhounds who needed help.

We are planning on regrouping and hope to move forward with Linda Ann's Greyhound Rescue Group in her memory. We would appreciate any help. We are hoping to work with the other groups in the area. We are located in the Lehigh Valley, PA area and will be having a "what do we do now" meeting soon. Anyone willing to help can contact me at DRKIM7@aol.com or cell phone 610-248-3338.

--Kim with greyhounds Kirby and Watson and Kody and Kaylee and permafoster Bobbi and foster Lilly

It is with a heavy heart that I respond to this post. I spent the entire day today at Linda's house with other members of the group going through paperwork and finding homes for the fosters and Linda's own greyhounds. Linda was a very special person who devoted much of her life to the welfare of the greyhounds. I hope now that she is at peace and playing with her many bridge angels. Linda was the heart and soul of Linda Ann's Greyhound Rescue. The greyhound world is now missing a remarkable women who despite her own medical problems always found the room for those greyhounds who needed help.

We are planning on regrouping and hope to move forward with Linda Ann's Greyhound Rescue Group in her memory. We would appreciate any help. We are hoping to work with the other groups in the area. We are located in the Lehigh Valley, PA area and will be having a "what do we do now" meeting soon. Anyone willing to help can contact me at DRKIM7@aol.com or cell phone 610-248-3338.

--Kim with greyhounds Kirby and Watson and Kody and Kaylee and permafoster Bobbi and foster Lilly

Kim- contact me via email rlm410@optonline.net

You do not have enough posts to PM yet.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest GentleHugs

Anything I can do to help bring in some finances for the group - let me know. You can PM me or contact me at Greyhound Affair

I'd be happy to run another raffle for the group like I did a few months ago when she took in the 6 broodies.

weep.gif

Guest greytmomof3

I knew Linda Ann and she was a greyt lady. She took JCKC greyhounds and we met our greyhounds at her house when we first started. She would let us bath our greyhounds before we left. It is because of this amazing woman that we have Hank, the best greyhound ever, and that I have Max, my huggy boy!! She will be greytly missed and I only pray that she is at piece with all the greyhounds playing over the bridge. I hope that Ringo, Duncan, and Bowie greeted her with kisses and helicopter tails.

If anyone finds out when her service will be, please post it on here. I would like to go and pay my respect for all the greyhounds that she helped.

Lisa, crying for a fellow greyhound friend and advocate!!

Oh no...I'd spoken to Linda Ann several times. She was a wonderful lady and a great advocate. She will be met at the bridge by many, many hounds flowers_red.gif

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I talked with Linda last night...

Actually, I've talked with her a lot lately. She seemed to be doing so well!

She was such a special person and did so much to help our JCKC hounds. She truly lived for the dogs.

I know she's running free of pain, with all her much-loved houndies.

Pam

GPA-Tallahassee/Southeastern Greyhound Adoption

"Fate is unalterable only in the sense that given a cause, a certain result must follow, but no cause is inevitable in itself, and man can shape his world if he does not resign himself to ignorance." Pearl S. Buck

Godspeed, special lady.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest paulownedbyfour

I just recently got to speak with Linda Anne regarding JCKC hounds. I am shocked and sadened that I have not got to know her sooner. I would like to add our assistance to her mission to help those voiceless JCKC hounds. Please let me know what we can do help.

Guest 3greysinPA

HI Kim,

Thinking of you too... i didnt want to call back again tonight.. but just know that I am here for you ... Call if I can help in any way possible... and lots of hugs to you as well.

This is a difficult time and my deepest sympathy is being sent your way.

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphugf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

:cry1

I am sitting here in shock.....I talked to Linda 3 0r 4 times on the phone yesterday, that last time we spoke was at aprox 8:17 pm (just checked my website for the time the order was placed)..She was placing an order for 40 or so collars using our new site and I was walking her through the process. OMG we talked in the afternoon then again just after dinner then our last conversation she was in the kennel, tons of barking going on and could hardly hear her at times, she started yelling at the dogs (not realizing she was also yelling into the phone receiver and I had to hold the phone away several times chuckling as I heard her she was telling which hound to do what)

Oh gosh don't know what to say....so sad. Does anyone know what happend and when?

I am blown away...Linda, I did not know you were unwell, you seemed your usual self, optimistic that the collars would sell well and bring in funds for the hounds...Happy that your 12 yr old kennel boy was going to his forever home today

Rip Linda, the hounds are going to miss you

Edited by aroundthehound

Guest LadyChester

Although I did not know her, she helped so many hounds and touched so many people. My deepest sympathy to all who had the privilege to know her.

:f_pink :f_pink :f_pink

Guest skywalker

Linda Ann was certainly an icon for greyhound lovers in the Lehigh Valley and the northeast sector of PA. She certainly inspired so many and for such a greyt cause. She will be terribly missed and may prayers be with her family and hope her hard work with greyhound adoption will be followed through. :f_white

Guest 3greysinPA

Does anyone know of any arrangements yet? I have been looking in the Morning Call since Friday and no mention in the Obits. Can someone help?

Yes.. i have heard that there will be no viewing, nothing... it is very sad and very upsetting...

I dont want to turn a Rememberance thread into something other than rememberance for a Greyt Lady...

so... :mum

:f_pink:f_pink Rest in peace Linda Ann :f_pink:f_pink

Guest 3greysinPA

Linda Ann Share E-mail Visit Guest Book In Memory of Linda Ann

Linda Ann, founder of Linda Anns Greyhound Rescue, Whitehall, PA (formerly of Allentown, PA) passed away suddenly on Thursday, January 14, 2010. When Lindas daughter Jenny passed away many years ago, Linda devoted her life to finding homes for retired, racing greyhounds. Her rescue was started to honor her daughter and the love they shared for the greyhounds. Linda worked tirelessly every day to promote greyhound adoption and to educate the public about what wonderful loving pets greyhounds are. Because of her passion, over 800 retired greyhounds have been placed with families in the surrounding areas. There will be a celebration of Lindas life and accomplishments on May 15, 2010 at the greyhound groups annual picnic to be held at Upper Macungie Park, Fogelsville, PA from 12 noon to 5 p.m. Greyhounds and the greyhound community were Lindas family. She will be deeply missed by all that knew her. It will take a large group of volunteers to carry on her mission. Donations are being accepted in Lindas memory to continue her rescue. Donations can be mailed to Linda Anns Greyhound Rescue, 1491 N. 40th Street, Allentown, PA 18104. Published in Morning Call on January 20, 2010 from the Allentown Morning Call website.

:f_pink :f_pink :f_pink :f_pink :f_pink :f_pink :f_pink :f_pink