Remembering A Dear Grey (T) Lady

Guest 3greysinPA

Guest Keystone

Linda Ann and I were friends for many years, she was my mentor when I founded Keystone Greyhounds in 2004. We always visited when I was in the Allentown area. We will all miss her.

Edited by Keystone

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DylanGospel

I did not know Linda Ann personally, but I do know many of the people who have written in regarding her.

What a sad loss this is. I wish that I could have met her, but it looks as though I will only know her through her legacy and from those she knew and aided.

I see from a post here where Keystone was founded with her mentoring and blessings. My husband and I are members of this organization and have started the Sayre Satellite of Keystone Greyhounds in our section of Pennsylvania.

I feel a link to Linda Ann through our association with a group she helped at its inception. What a beautiful thing it is to see how one person can have such an effect on so many others. I can only hope to leave behind a fraction of the good works that she accomplished in her lifetime.

Guest jade1046

Linda sounds like a remarkable woman, one who will be sorely missed by many. My deepest condolences to all her friends, family and those whose lives she touched. :f_pink

Guest myGreyHeart

An extremely sad loss brokenheart.gif . She was devoted to Greyhound rescue & awareness. Many people she reached, and I am only one. I could never find any words to thank her for how she touched my life. I pray her work continues no matter what the obstacles may be.

Kristin, I know she had a special friend in you: I remember when she first told me about you and was so pleased at how Greyt you were with hounds..."Yeah, she adopted one, then another, then another!"

Linda will always have a high place in my heart. I know she is in a good place. heart.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 3greysinPA

An extremely sad loss brokenheart.gif . She was devoted to Greyhound rescue & awareness. Many people she reached, and I am only one. I could never find any words to thank her for how she touched my life. I pray her work continues no matter what the obstacles may be.

Kristin, I know she had a special friend in you: I remember when she first told me about you and was so pleased at how Greyt you were with hounds..."Yeah, she adopted one, then another, then another!"

Linda will always have a high place in my heart. I know she is in a good place. heart.gif

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

How sad...even reading it now. After adopting a very sweet JCKC hound in December, it saddens me that they have lost an advocate. :f_pink

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest learnbygoing

My husband and I just recently heard about Linda Ann's death. I can't believe such an amazing woman is gone...she was my Oscar's first mommy, and continued as his grey-sitter after we gave him his forever home. I'm sitting here watching him happily roach on my couch, and thinking that I wouldn't have him if it weren't for such an giving, caring, and generous woman. She cannot be replaced, but I am so grateful that people are stepping in to continue her work. We moved out of the area last year, but if my mission to convince DH that we need another grey succeeds, we will be coming back to Whitehall to get a second pup. We'll miss you, Linda Ann. Thank you for all your wonderful work.