Healing Thoughts For Miss Diamond

vjgrey

Last night, my mother-in-law gave the hounds the biggest Moo Tubes I've ever seen in my life. She'd picked them up at some boutique store as a holiday treat for the "granddogs." We're careful to separate the dogs with high-value treats like raw bones, but with regular treats, greenies, bully sticks and usually moo tubes, they've never had any issues. They'll each carry their treat off to their own little corner with no snarking, no growling, no problems. So, I didn't think too much about it when MIL gave them the Moo Tubes.

I think they were just so BIG, Gabe didn't know what to do with his, so he dumped it on his bed and walked off. Diamond was standing on the bed next to his, chewing on her treat. I guess when Gabe put his down, she decided maybe his was tastier, so she dropped hers and went for his. He saw it, decided he DID want his, and before we could do anything, he'd crossed the room and jumped on her.

The fight lasted just a few seconds before DH and I each grabbed a dog. Gabe didn't have a single scratch on him, but Diamond had a bloody ear and a gash in her shoulder about the size of a silver dollar.

One midnight e-vet trip and several hundred dollars later, she has three layers of stitches in her shoulder (it was torn all the way down to the muscle) and several stitches in her ear.

She's going to be fine, but she's very bruised and very sore. Poor pup - it's her birthday week, too (Sunday). :(:( :(

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

oy.

Hope she has a quick and painless recovery.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Poor thing. Hope she heals quickly. These fights happen so quickly you barely have time to react.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest Energy11

I know what you mean! I TRY to watch mine EVERY minute, but you just CAN'T! DH is very "casual," for lack of a better word, watching them. You do what you can. I am sure it will turn out okay! Best of luck and lots of love!

Oh, poor Diamond :( I hope she heals fast and with not too much discomfort :goodluck :goodluck I am certain that an extra special birthday will help with the healing :D;)

These fights happen so quickly you barely have time to react.

Too true. I've so been there. :sad1

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Thanks for all the good thoughts for my sweet girl.

She's been up and about a lot more today. She seems to be feeling a little better, but we're having a hard time keeping her from scratching at the stitches. They didn't give us an e-collar, because she can't really reach them to bite at them, but she's been scratching with her back legs. I guess we may need to find a shirt to put on her.

Edited by vjgrey

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.