Hershey Has Cancer

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What Mary Pat said. Our year like that was 2008. Some years it seems there's a never-moving cloud hanging over some of us.

I never heard of cancer in the tail like that but I guess it can hit anywhere. :(

May 2010 forward be better for you than this one has been.

My Angle Peppy, had a small tumor removed from his tail, that turned out to be Hemangio-Sarcoma! they were able to get clean margins, and it never came back!!

Good luck with your boy!

:goodluck :goodluck

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

There's a gal on here from Cincinnati whose greyhound had her tail amputated due to cancer. I know her dog Grey had chemo after the amputation and I think she did pretty well. I can't think of her user name here, might be something like Ohmygrey or ohmyability but I'll see if I can find her for you. Ok, it's omyability look her up and send her a PM, I'm sure she'll be happy to share her experience with you.

I hope your girl heals up quickly and the biopsy is something not so bad.

Sending prayers and good thoughts to Hershey and you.

:grouphug:hope

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Hershey is home and does not like her e-collar. I guess when I am not home or in bed I will be using 3 rooms to keep them apart. The boys wanted to check out her tail. Dressing change in 2 days and suture removal in 10 days. It will take 7 to 10 days for the biopsy report to come back

It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

Missing my Big Blue eyed Bear

Guest greyt2love

Oh, gosh ! You so did not need this going on in your life now ! Many hugs and prayers going out to you and Hershey !!!! Speedy and complete recovery is what we all want to hear about !!!

Edited by greyt2love

Guest trevdog

Sending lots of good thoughts and prayers to you both, you really need to catch a break....

lots of vibes headed your way

Edited by trevdog

Sending prayers that Hershey will be fine and that this is the last episode of bad news for your family.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Beryl, I'm keeping you close in my thoughts. Hershey and EZ, too. Let's see. Hershey needs a chant ...

*A tail with cancer is a good one to lose. Lost cancer is the best kind! An easy year is in store for you and yours. What the heck: take two!*

*A tail with cancer is a good one to lose. Lost cancer is the best kind! An easy year is in store for you and yours. What the heck: take two!*

:bighug :bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.