A Quick Question About Tramadol

Apparently it can be stopped cold turkey. Alpo has been on Tramadol for LS for about a month and my vet had me stop it today because we are trying something else. Alpo discovered how really, really BAD it tastes and has been a nightmare to pill trying all the tested tricks.

Ann

NewSiggy09b.jpg

Wendy was prescribed Tramadol for a knee injury and the doc said to use it on an "as needed" basis. I'm guessing "cold turkey" wouldn't be a problem.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Thats good news that he doesn't need it anymore!!! I was giving Gogh up to 5 a day & they didn't faze him. I took 2 one night for a pulled muscle, didn't faze me either.  I'm always ready to hear some good news about Hobbes.

Guest FullMetalFrank

That's not even a week--cold turkey is fine.

I take Tramadol daily--for me I would want to taper down, but that's a really short period of time so do not worry!

Same here. I have been taking it for several years. But for short term, cold turkey would be just fine!

Apparently it can be stopped cold turkey. Alpo has been on Tramadol for LS for about a month and my vet had me stop it today because we are trying something else. Alpo discovered how really, really BAD it tastes and has been a nightmare to pill trying all the tested tricks.

What is your Vet suggesting for the LS?

Mom to Melly and Dani

Greyhound Bridge Angels - Jessie, Brittne, Buddy,

Red, Chica, Ford and Dodge.

Asta took it, along with an anti-inflammatory and muscle relaxant at Thanksgiving time, and she had no problems when the pills stopped (other than looking for the glob of peanut butter she'd gotten used to getting after dinner). Good luck!

Lisa

Dog mama to angel-boy Ewan (racing name Atascocita Ewan), 3/26/10 to 8/23/20, and angel-girl Asta (racing name Pazzo Asta), 6/16/01 to 9/7/13.

What is your Vet suggesting for the LS?

For now we are trying just Dermaxx, and so far he seems to be doing just fine.

Ann

NewSiggy09b.jpg

How is Hobbes doing? Just checking in on you and your sweet boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.