All Too Familar Words... Beau Not Eating

RobinM

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back from vet- down 1 pound in the past week. Upped the pred just a little and did labs. Depending on the results othat, we will either stay where we are or raise the pred again.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest TeddysMom

Just checking in on Beau. Glad he is eating a bit more and hopefully he will continue to have an appetite. Prayers and good thoughts continue from here.

Ehh. We upped to 10mg a day and 25mg of imuran. Blood was perfect so she does not want to up to 50mg again unless we really have to.

the big problem is we all know how fast these guys lose weight. LAst year he went from ok to near death wtihin a week.

So, the not eating is an issue. He had some fish today, but again, not enough.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Checking in on Beau today. I see he's eating a little, although nowhere near enough. :(

Come on sweetie... PLEASE EAT!!

Keeping you in my thoughts. :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Checking in on Beau today. I see he's eating a little, although nowhere near enough. :(

Come on sweetie... PLEASE EAT!!

Keeping you in my thoughts. :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

thanks! he is in very good spirits and he just ate about 1/3 can of z/d frozen in a hoof so hopefully wiith the small increase, he will be eating again SOON!

Had just about full amount of food yesteday, thank GOD and today ate almost a full fish and some z/d wet.

Now, Teddy stopped eating. Bringing him in for labs today. Ca ching ca ching. This week so far 1200 dollars.

Now Teddy, too? What is going on? :(

Fingers remain crossed. Please update when you can re: today's vet visit for Teddy...

:goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Now Teddy, too? What is going on? :(

Fingers remain crossed. Please update when you can re: today's vet visit for Teddy...

:goodluck

I honestly don't know. Teddy is otherwise happy, silly, playful and himself. This too started several weeks back with him not wanting to eat breakfast. Walking over to the breakfast bowl like there was posion in there. Making it about 1 foot short of the bowl and standing there. I wold coax and get him to get, but not easliy as I watch the clock needing to get to work. Some days he would eat, some days not but I made sure he made up for it at dinner.

Now, it started for dinner.

This is how things started with Beau and the IBD- but THAT COULD NOT BE! At first I thought it was Ollie- but becasue they are both (Beau and T) otherwise being themselves, not mopey at all, I really don't think so. We had the labs done today. Vet tomorrow!

Guest TeddysMom

Robin, could it be the batch of food that you got. A few months ago, all my dogs seemed to not enjoy their food which they had been on for a couple of years and most would leave some of it. Their poop changed a little and I finally called the company to see if they had changed their formula or changed their ingredient supplier. They did have a new supplier of a couple of the ingredients. I changed food, half/half until I finished off the old food. From the time I ran out of the old food, they were all eating like they were starving and the poop firmed up. Do your other 3 eat like they did before? Just a thought.

Nope, no one eats that food but Chloe and now the foster. No probs!

I will be hoping that the labs are fine and it is nothing to worry about.

I'm sure it is! i will update tomorrow. Thanks!

Hi Robin..I am glad Beau continues to eat and improve..sorry about Teddy..I was thinking could this be a simple virus that they both managed to pick up? I went through this with both Garry and Flex just recently..both who have bad stomachs. Flex's situation is similar to Beau as they both have auto-immune issues. He stops eating, vomits, has pain and loses weight real fast. at 13 lbs...that can be dangerous. Garry gets bloody D real fast and has to limit his foods. Just recently they both started with their respective symptoms...at the same time. It was short lived as Beau is showing. MB thought maybe they both has a stomach upset. Missy has an iron stomach! Keep us posted on both.!

Donna

Edited by dbullwinkel

:goodluck Beau still eating?

:goodluck Teddy's labs ok? Is he eating any better? Does he show any interest in the zd?

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Teddy has bascially refused all/most food. He is a big guy at 85 pounds and needs a lot of calories.

Yesterday, he ate a can of Blue Turkey. At dinner he refused his kibble with FRESH turkey. He ate a few cookies happily.

Today, he refused breakfast again.

I took out Beau's HP (prescription food) and Teddy ate 2 cups hungrily. Interesting?

His appointment is at noon.

And the Beau Beau did decently yesterday. He is NOT eating the kibble anymore, but the wet z/d and fish. OY.

This morning we made the announcement that RED DOGS RULE! (Chloe and Ollie are super chow hounds) and such a pleasure.

Edited by RobinM

Wow, that is very stressful, I can't imagine having to go through this. I've read your past issues with Beau and IBD and am dearly hoping he continues to eat, whatever it is! As for Teddy, what's up with that? Come on boy you can't go starting things as well. Hoping today is better.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.