Vinny's Creatinine Level :(

Guest FrostyBottoms

Guest FrostyBottoms

Please send good thoughts for my big boy Vinny. His creatitnine level was 1.9 and it isn't supposed to be over 1.6. I called the vet that removed his plate in March to see what his level was in march, they said it was 1.7. I just dropped a sample off at the vet. I am praying it is normal. I should find out tonight.

Sending good thought for Vinny.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I've also had them higher on that scale. Assuming BUN is normal, likely just ordinary variation. Greyhounds can run high creatinines.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I was going to chime in waht Diane said. You have to look at BUN + Creatinine + (I was told by our shop vet) + urinalysis details in combination.

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

The reading by itself really doesn't tell much. Misty ran at 2.6 with a normal BUN(26) but when she got sick, she ran a 2.8 which still would have been ok for her, but her BUN jumped to 88. She was in kidney failure

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest LeanneSchatz

Yes, Sizzle's was just at 1.9 last week and the vet assured me that greyhounds can run higher that other dogs and still be normal.

Don't worry and sending positive thoughts for Vinny anyhow!

We constantly deal with this in our group. We get the panicky calls about creatinine levels all the time. A long time ago (we got our first greyhound in 1991) the "normal" creatinine level on the charts was 1.9 and then for some reason it was lowered to 1.6. As long as the BUN level is OK, don't worry. One of my females constantly has a 2.1 creatinine level. It's normal for her.

Guest FrostyBottoms

Vet just called....uranalysis is normal!

PH is 7, gravity concentrate is at the lower end of normal 1.031

NO inflammation or blood cells present!!!

:confetti:confetti:confetti

Thank you for your good thoughts & prayers!!!!

I've also had them higher on that scale. Assuming BUN is normal, likely just ordinary variation. Greyhounds can run high creatinines.

:nod This has happened to Merlin at least twice before, and he was fine. :)

:bighug

ETA - oh, I just saw your update - :yay :yay :yay

Edited by MerlinsMum

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Thank GOD! YAY!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Jeannie, that's great, give that big handsome guy a kiss for me!!! :kiss2