Clavamox Costs What?

Guest greytbookert

Guest greytbookert

I know I've given Clavamox before but I guess I didn't pay attention to how much it cost.... Does almost 10.00 per pill sound normal?

No, $10 per does not sound normal. Even Zeniquin is only $6 per IIRC.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest greytbookert

ok, so I was a little off but $107.00 for 14 pills, still seems a little steep to me but then again, I don't really pay much attention. I guess I should!

Thanks! I'm going to ask for a script... the price difference is too high for me not to at least ask.

If you just got it, I would be calling the vet and suggesting that a mistake was made in where the decimal point went. Markup is one thing, but that's beyond belief.

I usually pay around $85 for a full 10 day course Jake get's 1 and a half pills twice a day = 30 pills.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest greytbookert
If you just got it, I would be calling the vet and suggesting that a mistake was made in where the decimal point went. Markup is one thing, but that's beyond belief.

I just got the bill, we've been giving Sahra the Clavamox since Thursday, I think.

Wow! That's way more than I just paid my outrageously expensive clinic for 28 @ 375mg in $Cdn.

I noticed when I checked the site Batmom mentioned that there is quite a difference in the cost per pill depending on the dosage. Here are the options: Clavamox.

Edited by GreyPoopon

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest greytbookert
Wow! That's way more than I just paid my outrageously expensive clinic for 28 @ 375mg in $Cdn.

I noticed when I checked the site Batmom mentioned that there is quite a difference in the cost per pill depending on the dosage. Here are the options: Clavamox.

Yup, I checked that too... 25.00 for 14 pills of the 375mg.

Here for Lenny after his dental it was 110.00 for 14 days.

It's always a lot cheaper with the online pharmacies, but it's then a matter of do you want to wait for it?

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

My vet wrote a script for Augmentin for me to fill at the pharmacy, because that's the same as the Clamavox, and is much cheaper (but not cheap) as a human drug.

I filled it at Costco for a pretty reasonable price (about a buck a pill, as I recall?)

Good luck!

Guest greytbookert

It's always a lot cheaper with the online pharmacies, but it's then a matter of do you want to wait for it?

That makes me feel a little better!

In our case, we are trying this course of antibiotics to see if it helps Sahra and her mysterious pee problems. We've done a course of cephalixin, UA, cultures, and full blood panel with no answers. At her advanced age, I'm trying to keep the diagnostic tests to the minimum and I don't want to stress her out with an ultrasound or bladder culture, yet anyway. For us, I don't think a few days or a week of waiting would be out of line but I can see for Lenny, we'd want them right away!

How is Lenny doing, by the way?

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.

Did you move to the desert when I wasn't looking? :lol

That makes me feel a little better!

In our case, we are trying this course of antibiotics to see if it helps Sahra and her mysterious pee problems. We've done a course of cephalixin, UA, cultures, and full blood panel with no answers. At her advanced age, I'm trying to keep the diagnostic tests to the minimum and I don't want to stress her out with an ultrasound or bladder culture, yet anyway. For us, I don't think a few days or a week of waiting would be out of line but I can see for Lenny, we'd want them right away!

How is Lenny doing, by the way?

Lenny is doing great, thank you for asking. Ya know the other thing you could also do is ask your vet if they'll price match. Because of the success of the online pharmacies, a lot of vets are doing it not to lose the business. Not like they're losing money

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

No .... it's just .... Clavamox is our *mid* priced antibiotic, here. Cephalexin or amoxicillin = the cheapies, clavamox = midrange, baytril = kinda pricy, zeniquin = faint dead away. I found a not-too-ancient vet bill with Clavamox on it, looks like I paid @ 30% markup over Omaha vaccine prices, which is not the world's greatest but I didn't get charged for an office visit either.

No .... it's just .... Clavamox is our *mid* priced antibiotic, here. Cephalexin or amoxicillin = the cheapies, clavamox = midrange, baytril = kinda pricy, zeniquin = faint dead away. I found a not-too-ancient vet bill with Clavamox on it, looks like I paid @ 30% markup over Omaha vaccine prices, which is not the world's greatest but I didn't get charged for an office visit either.

Here, Clavamox is the cadillac of antibiotics,(price wise) with Baytril running a close second

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

I just bought 30 through pet meds for 80. Vet wanted 102.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest mirthlesstroll

I just paid $ 141.00 on the 29th after paying the same on Aug 18th and $ 85.00 in Feb. My Berner has trouble with an involuted vulva and gets frequent infections.

My vet wouldn't dare not give me a script for stuff like that! He knows better! Get the script and take it to Costco/Walmart/Target.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star