Concerned About My Boy

Sounds like an excellent report - good boy Buddy! :wub:

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest FullMetalFrank

Sounds like he is doing well, all things considered. Sending good-eating thoughts his way, gain some weight, Buddy! Food is your friend!

Good boy Buddy :)

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Phew......breathing a sigh of relief...

Give that lovely special boy anything his little heart desires. He's adorable.........Prayers for a swift recovery

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Guest IrskasMom

I have not read all the Reply's . Buddy does look a bit thin . I would give him everything , his little Heart desires and some

gentle Hugs ,all he wants . Thinking of you and Buddy :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

So glad you had a good vet visit!

Sending smoochies and plump thoughts to your boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Sara, I did not see this before now. I will pray for you and Buddy! I know how much you love him, and it hurts to see you hurting! :grouphug

Sarah, the human, Henley, and Armani the Borzoi boys, and Brubeck the Deerhound.
Always in our hearts, Gunnar, Naples the Greyhounds, Cooper and Manero, the Borzoi, and King-kitty, at the Rainbow Bridge.

Good news...hope Buddy's is feeling better soon.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

The vet was very nice and helpful. He is used to greyhounds since he worked in an area near a track and saw quite a few of them in his practice.

Buddy has a UTI and, he thinks, a ligament or soft tissue injury in his wrist. Xrays were clear of any tumors or suspicious items - didn't even notice arthritis at all. Bloodwork was normal for him, tho' his BUN was a little high but the vet said that could be because of the UTI. He recommended glucosamine and I told him we had already started a joint supplement (tho' we'll be changing the brand as soon as it arrives in the mail).

He was back up to 58#, so we'll continue with the diet and keep feeding him as much as he'll eat. I don't think he's in any danger of becoming overweight any time soon!

Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers! :)

continued prayers he keeps on the up hill swing of things

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

• 1 month later...

Hello

Thanks for asking about him. I had him in last week to weigh him, and he's maintaining his weight. Limping is gone, and he's back into his routine - tagging along when I drive DD to school in the morning. He's been eating really good for about two weeks, and even ate all of his weekend meals (usually the change in routine throws him off).

We are enjoying having our boy back to himself, and hope this is a long term thing.

Thanks for everyone's support and continued prayers!

Sara formerly on Greytalk as Mommyof3
Gone, but still part of our family and always in our hearts:
Bruiser Isa Comander To 6/23/91-11/20/03 Sandy NSK Special Up 10/19/89-6/13/04 Beau Bdk's Boo Boo 1/1/93-12/15/06 Cooney Lars Dbltakedean 11/1/93-1/23/07
Buddy 2/9/1997-11/16/09 Joe Elkhart Joe 11/7/99-12/2/10 Alex Streakin Diablo 4/17/02-4/1/11 Brother Hylife Brother 9/26/97-2/28/12

Comanche Gil's Comanche 6/7/2005-11/7/2015 Molly 4/8/2011-4/13/2018