Need Some Good Thoughts For My Foster

NeylasMom

I took a return in on Sunday. As her owner was getting ready to bring her to my place, there was an accident with someone else in the building and her tail got shut in a door. Our vet saw her and said there's no way she can keep her whole tail so she's back there today to have it amputated. :(

She's the SWEETEST dog, 9 years old, great with my cat and dogs, friendly, quiet, basically a dream dog - I just feel so bad for her. She's in great hands with our vet (he's the one who also did Gwen's amputation), but any good thoughts you can send her way would be appreciated!

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Still waiting. She may not have even gone into surgery yet though. Coincidentally we have another foster also there for surgery today so I imagine our vet is quite busy! I'm slated for pickup at 6 though so I would imagine it can't be that much longer. Thanks for all of the well wishes!

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Valentino says not to worry, hounds with short tails are just as awesome as hounds with long ones! I'm sure she'll be fine. Good thoughts headed her way.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

The vet just called. She went through the surgery just fine, but afterward, when placed in the holding area she managed to bang her tail up enough that the sutures came out so they had to put her under again and resuture! :(

Anyway, they said she's okay now, but I'm to pick her up 45 minutes later, I guess so they can keep an eye on her a bit longer. Poor poor girl!

Poor girl. :( Did they bandage the tail well enough?

I don't know. Waiting to get the whole story from the vet when I get there, but I can't imagine he wouldn't have. Like I said, he did Gwen's tail amp and the padding he'd put on her tail was always very solid. I was always impressed that it never came off (and thankful as my house remained spatter free). :)