Timber Pooping Blood, Me Crying- Update Post 1

Guest lynne893

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Timber is okay for traveling, but just not for the vet's office itself, is there someplace suitable outside the vet's office? A grassy patch where you can put Timber on a blanket and just let her relax there? I hope you can arrange something that works for you all.

As for the vet who isn't cooperating: I wonder if he's hoping to die peacefully at home with his family, rather than in an impersonal hospital room...

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest Energy11
If Timber is okay for traveling, but just not for the vet's office itself, is there someplace suitable outside the vet's office? A grassy patch where you can put Timber on a blanket and just let her relax there? I hope you can arrange something that works for you all.

As for the vet who isn't cooperating: I wonder if he's hoping to die peacefully at home with his family, rather than in an impersonal hospital room...

Good idea. When I worked at my vets in Florida, he'd come out to the cars/van, etc. too.

The old primary vet's remarks about "premature" with our decision tore my heart. That is why I am so grateful for the support of the community here at Greytalk.

I don't think vets like to call it "over". I had the same situation when our collie got so arthritic that he couldn't walk. Our vet said that his heart was strong, still. Then finally one day, about a month later, he lay down and could not get up anymore and it was as if the dog willed himself to die. I said, I would never let another dog suffer like that.

You know your girl; you love her. You are her best friend and want to make her passing easy and pain free. There is doctor out there to help you and you pet find peace. G-d bless. We will be thinking of you.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Don't let your vet's apparent lack of compassion stop you doing what you know is best at the right time .....sending you hugs and thinking of you :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

Sending hugs and prayers to you and Timber.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Thinking of you and Timber today.

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

I am so very sorry for your loss. Timber knew she was deeply loved and may you find comfort knowing that you put her needs ahead of your own. Your update brought tears to my eyes for you. May I only find the strength to do what is right when the time comes.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I am so sorry for the loss of a very special girl. Take comfort in knowing that Timber is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I'm so glad you found a tender, compassionate vet to help you and Timber through this. My heart goes out to you. I'm so sorry for your loss. Godspeed Timber.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Sending gentlest hugs.

Run with the wind, little girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so sorry. RIP Timber.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis