Pony

Guest bonnebike

Guest bonnebike

After our recent, unhappy experience trying to integrate Able into our house we pretty much decided to try Mary as an only-dog for a while. Anyway, that was the mindset when we went to the Homes for Hounds picnic last Sunday. We must have been wearing our "Sucker!" signs because we were handed Pony's leash (he was just returned moments before) right at the start of the picnic. Pony spent the afternoon with us and we ended up taking him home.

We don't know a whole lot about Pony. He will be 10 in October and was with a family for 7 years. Apparently there was a problem with a toddler and they made a difficult decision to give him back. We just lost Delgado in June and I was real wary of getting a senior, but these guys have a way of tugging at your heart.

So far so good with Mary and the cats. He needs to lose a little weight. He's 93 lbs and would weigh more if he had all his tail! He's excited to go on walks, but sometimes he only wants to go a short distance. We'll see what we can work him up to.

IMG_1166.JPG

Pony in Mary's bed at the picnic.

IMG_1178.JPG

Good shot of Pony.

IMG_1174.JPG

Pony can't haul himself onto the couch so he has to make do.

Guest Heehoo

I don't think Sucker was written on your forehead, more like Angels. He probably can't do long walks because he's not in shape. Give him some time, you'll have him looking good, trim & slim.

You're right, those 10 yr olds know how to work the heart. My last to come home was going on 9 & *he was such a honey bunny. I have two 12 yr olds, a 10 yr old, and a 9 yr old and they love you more than anything in the world & you're all they will remember.

*he died 2 month later due to seizures.

Aw he looks just like my Finn who would have been 10 in July. Very handsome and lucky boy! :)

CollageSnap

<p>Finn, Wink, Birdie, Snap and SmokeyJG Quicknfast 7/25/99-5/16/08, JG Quickwink 7/25/99-9/22/13, Iruska SweetDuv 7/19/03-11/9/16, Delbar 6/11/11 and Catahoula Smokey

He's very handsome! Hope all continues to work out with the other furries/nonfurries in the house. Right pup + right home = bliss for everybody.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest LHibner

Yes, those seniors just suck you in........Those grey faces get me. All the seniors we have adopted have just been the BEST. He is just so handsome. Good luck to you and Pony.

Liz H

Edited by LHibner

Guest lanielovesgreys

I wouldn't have been able to resist either. Note to DFW peeps: If there's a perfect fawn like that, don't show me. It'll cause WWIII in our house as badly as I want a fawn and as adamant as my DH is against a third.

:wub: LOVE the fawns.

Sucker signs? More likely that Delgado knew where to find you.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

Congratulations! Pony looks a lot like Mary. :) When we adopted Coltrane, he was ~25 lbs overweight and could barely walk 5 minutes on our street. He got back into shape pretty quickly, but he was seven.

Rebecca
with Atlas the borzoi, Luna the pyr, and Madison the cat, always missing Sahara(Flyin Tara Lyn) and Coltrane(Blue on By) the greyhounds

Congratulations!

I see that he's in your siggy pic, so I guess things are going well. :)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)