Roeglin 2/6/2003 - 8/15/2009

Guest Ohiogreymom

Guest Ohiogreymom

Oh Reggie, where do I even begin? You deserve a wonderful tribute, and I'm just not very good with words. I adopted you 10 months ago, on Oct. 25. I fostered you for about a month before. You were afraid of the whole world and everything in it.

We worked so hard on your fears and teaching you to trust people.It took a whole month for you to come to me for ANYTHING, and that long before you would take treats from my hand.

I was so afraid you would be adopted and bounce because of your fears and lack of trust......until nail dremelling night. I posted a topic on GT "How You Know When It's Meant To Be". You watched me dremel both your brothers nails and I thought you would be scared to death, but you hopped right in their place to get yours done, and even tried to get them done a second time after your sister.I knew then how much you trusted me and when you slept with me that night, I had no more doubts, you were HOME.Iofficially adopted you one week later.

You were SO happy the day I put your Boomerang tag on your collar. You matched the others and you knew you were here to stay. You even did a little happy dance.When you discovered strawberry whoppers and milkbones, you thought I invented them and loved me even more.lol

When you were diagnosed with Osteo, a part of me died. Iknew you were too scared to go through an amputation, and knowing it would just come back in your lungs, I knew I couldn't put you through that. I decided to keep you comfortable and spoil you rotten.

I let you eat most anything you wanted, and your whoppers topped the list. We spent so much cuddle time together. I talked to you like you understood every word I was saying. I told you, Reggie, that I wish I knew how bad your pain was, and for all you non believers out there, not only did my Reggie tell me, he actually SHOWED me.

I woke up the next morning with the most excruciating bone pain in my right arm between my elbow and shoulder, I was sick at my stomach. I cried for it to stop, and as suddenly as it started, it stopped. At the vets yesterday, it took 2 shots of Valium to get you lying down to go to the Bridge. Your leg was hot and swollen, and I knew you were in pain. I held onto you, whispering in your ear how much I love you and always will, and how very special you are.

I decorated your collar with your name, hearts, hugs and kisses, and a special message from me, your mom. I thought by doing that, anyone handling you after might be very gentle with you, knowing how very loved you are. I'll always love you Reggie, and everytime you think of me, I'll be sending you strawberry whoppers. Run free sweetheart, Mom

th_DarlenesPictures021.jpg

th_DarlenesPictures014.jpg

Edited by Ohiogreymom

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PhillyPups

I am so very sorry for your loss :bighug

Your tribute has me in tears - I can feel your love and loss.

Runn with the angels sweet Reggie and know you are with some of the very very best there are -

Beautiful tribute, when you love like that, the words just come. I am so so sorry.

God speed handsome boy, you truly know how very much you are loved and how badly you will be missed. Please help heal the big hole in your mom's heart, and continue to watch over.

Run now, with all the Angels, pain free

:gh_run

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I am so sorry and am in tears. Your tribute was beautiful. I will always think of Reggie when I see strawberry Whoppers. Run free sweet Reggie!

Patty,

Mom to Jaxson 5/12/2017

Forever in my heart: Joey 11/01/2007 to 12/06/2018, Scout 11/19/2005 to 07/15/15 and Jack 01/03/2004 to 06/11/2011

Guest redreed

I'm so sorry! You claim to not be good with words, but you are something else when it comes to a beautiful tribute.

That is just too heartwrenching, to have him for such a short time, both in your life and on this Earth - but Reggie knew that he was home and loved.

Godspeed Reggie, run free.

Edited by redreed

Guest greytexplorer

Your tribute was lovely.

I'm so glad Reggie knew his home before it was time for him to go.

Too soon, Reggie, it was too soon! :weep

damn recnac :(

:grouphug

~Pat

Not good with words? There are tears running down my face here. You loved Reggie so much, and gave him the best, even if his time here was short, and finally gave him the ultimate gift. Run free Reggie.

Mom to Toley (Astascocita Toley) DOB 1/12/09, and Bridge Angel Opie (Wine Sips Away) 3/14/03-12/29/12

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 He found the right home, and he had to leave it far too soon.

Godspeed Reggie.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so sorry your beloved had to leave you.

Bet you'll find whole fields of strawberry whoppers over the Bridge, sweet boy. Godspeed.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.