Outlaw Is Hurting... Day #38 Update 9/3 Am

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Glad to hear Outlaw's feeling a bit better! Hope you can find a workable solution to give him some peace and quiet away from the rest of the pack. An xpen sounds like it would be good if you have one.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Holly, I'm sorry you are dealing with that dominance thing as well. I agree that maybe an X-pen will help. Hope you can find SOME solution, so you don't have to worry about that as well as your sweet boy.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Do you have an ex-pen? You can set it up around Outlaw's bed and leave a gap Outlaw can get in and out through, but you'll have a better chance of heading off the other dogs.

ETA: And you can close the gap if you need to leave the room and don't trust the others not to pick on Outlaw in your absence.

My thoughts exactly and a squirt bottle on your waistband, ready to be quickdraw Mcgraw should they try to get in the x-pen. Good luck.

Extremely good advice exactly what I'd do in the same situation. Hope Outlaw continues to improve and you can manage the dominance issues with no problems giving him some space and protection.

Poor fella as if he hasn't got enough to contend with..give him a gentle hug from us...and don't forget to look after YOU too!

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Well Outlaw has had a GREAT two days! He is walking so much better now! I have not wanted to really share this first video, it hurts me to watch it but it shows how he has really improved. I will let Outlaw show you how much better he is doing ;)

This was 2 weeks ago-both legs on the right side were hurting him, notice how much weight he had lost :(

we were not assisting him in this video because I wanted to be able to send this for opinions on his condition so he needed to walk without help to get the full effect but we always helped him outside other than this one time.

th_DSCN0457.jpg

linky

Here is him an hour ago..... notice how much weight he has gotten back!!!

th_DSCN0583.jpg

Linky

The crowding/dominance issue has gotten better by moving Outlaws bed away from the sofa which is a prime "lovin" spot. Everyone comes up to the sofa to get ear scratches and really Outlaw was just in the way. He also normally would have bitten anyones nose off if they got on his bed but he is obviously further down in ranking now that he is ill :( Thanks for all the suggestions, I have a spray bottle but you should see the stampede of dogs it creates when I reach for it!!! :rotfl It would probably be more dangerous to him to be under that mass of dogs trying to get away! I also have an X pen but with how much he hates to be crated I would really think he would avoid it like the plague even if the door was wide open.

Thanks for your continued thoughts for my buddy Outlaw, he is a tough one ;) He has had some real nice big smiles on his face the last day or so, you can't help but smile back at him!

I know I don't check in as often as I think of him but just know he is on my mind all the time.

I am thrilled at how well he's doing now. Look at him. :)

Guest TheUnrulyHound
:yay Atta boy, Outlaw! :yay Holly, I LOVE his ears!! :wub: and that beautiful smile :beatheart

Aren't they the cutest!!! :wub: I always imagined that maybe, being from a litter of 7, that he had a really tiny momma, maybe he was "baked" all skooshed with that ear folded funny :blush when he perks up his ears the right one stands up straight but the left one falls to the side :)

Guest GentleHugs
:yay Atta boy, Outlaw! :yay Holly, I LOVE his ears!! :wub: and that beautiful smile :beatheart

Aren't they the cutest!!! :wub: I always imagined that maybe, being from a litter of 7, that he had a really tiny momma, maybe he was "baked" all skooshed with that ear folded funny :blush when he perks up his ears the right one stands up straight but the left one falls to the side :)

I love his ears, too, Holly.... maybe because my Heisman's did the same thing and so does Patrick's ears, too! The right one straight up and the left one over to one side. :blush

He's definitely walking better but you can tell he still favors that right hind leg a teeny bit though.

Hey Holly - I can't remember - did the vet exray him from hip to toes? I'm wondering if he had a cracked pelvis, cracked hip or something from maybe turning wrong???

Outlaw - you handsome boy...... glad to see you are feeling better!

Guest PhillyPups

:yay I did not watch the videos YET, will do it later, but just the pictures show a world of difference.

Marilyn had a little girl come into GreyHaven with what was thought to be a broken pelvis, Zoey could barely walk. Turned out it was disc problems - with pred given over a period of time she has become a total loveable terror, and is into everything.

Continued thoughts and prayers for Outlaw :bighug

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Outlaw had a really bad night, he didnt eat lunch or dinner, wouldn't eat treats or take his meds with cheese. His neck looks like a bag full of water, it is worse than when he went to sleep last night at 12. I stayed up with him all night and slept next to him on the floor when I did sleep. His feet are cold and icy, his legs are close to the same. He looks tired. It almost looks like he has lost weight overnight. He just isn't right. The Vet opens at 8 which is in 2 hours, some signs suggest, according to a massive search last night , that he has cardiomyopathy. I do not know. We will see in a few hours. Please think of Outlaw, he had such a good day yesterday and the day before. I am just in shock.

Guest BrisBrindles

I hope all goes well at the vet. My prayers are with you. We'll be thinking of you and Outlaw tonight. Let us know how it goes.

Prayers going with you.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:goodluck

I hope you can find a positive solution soon--Outlaw and you have been through too much already.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest 3greysinPA

oh Holly,

I am so sorry and so sad right now for you.. :(

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Outlaw right now... praying hard.. .sending white light, postive healing vibes... and well wishes to Texas this morning... many hugs to you and outlaw too.

keep us posted... :hope:hope:hope:candle:candle:candle:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug