Iris In Surgery

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ARG. Well apparently I was misinformed yesterday. Neither the lymph node nor the tumor on her intestine were removed. The lymph node was inflamed, but not huge. She did not remove the tumor from her intestine because it was too big. She wants to wait until we hear back from the lab to decide on anything.

In the meantime, is this okay? I'm confused but maybe this is the way it's supposed to work?

signature.jpg

Argo and bridge babies Artemis, Icarus and Iris.

Unfortunately, sometimes we do need to leave the mass. It can spread 'bad cells' if any are present or it could cause more damage. They may want to try treatment options first. Lymph nodes are present due to trying to fight an infection. This is common. I hope for the best for your Iris.

Iris is staying overnight again. I spoke with the vet tech and there was no tumor, just inflamed lymph node and inflamed intestine. They have her on an IV with antibiotic and anti-inflamatory. I don't know what's going on. Poor Iris.

signature.jpg

Guest greytexplorer

Poor you. Poor Iris. Is she in pain, or is she being medicated for pain? Bless her heart. How old is she?

more hugs and prayers for you both,

~Pat

Poor you. Poor Iris. Is she in pain, or is she being medicated for pain? Bless her heart. How old is she?

more hugs and prayers for you both,

~Pat

I'm sure she's in pain but she is receiving medication and anti-inflammatory through an IV. She's 7 right now. Just from the stuff I've done online it sounds like it may be inflammatory bowel disease, which is good that it might not be cancer. After being at the vet for two nights now, she still hasn't eaten anything. I have no idea what to do right now.

The biopsy is scheduled to be back tomorrow or Friday. I sure hope she starts eating before then.

signature.jpg

Oh, the poor girl! I'm sorry both of you are going through this, and hoping for some good biopsy results.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Iris is home and I'm not sure I'm going back to the vet. There was no anti-inflammatory in the IV. They told me that they wanted to wait until the lab report came back before they gave her any.

So we got some herbal supplements (digestive enzymes, probiotics, marshmallow, licorice root, and some others) to help with the inflammation and digestion. We mixed two cans of Royal Canin's Recovery RS with the supplements and I'm going to try to give her 30 cc twice a day today.

Hopefully we'll find out soon what the lab says and it'll be something like IBS or IBD and not cancer. :)

signature.jpg

Not sure what your vet is recommending for food since they are suspicious of IBD, but after Joseph's abdominal surgery (which included cutting thru stomach wall and suturing back up), we fed Hills ID canned in small meals several times a day.

So glad your girl is back home with you. Continued prayers that the tests show nothing nasty.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Not sure what your vet is recommending for food since they are suspicious of IBD, but after Joseph's abdominal surgery (which included cutting thru stomach wall and suturing back up), we fed Hills ID canned in small meals several times a day.

So glad your girl is back home with you. Continued prayers that the tests show nothing nasty.

They recommeded the Revory RS until we get the test results back. She won't eat it on her own so I have to syringe it down her throat with the rest of the supplements. My goal is 90cc a day, 30cc 3 times a day.

The vet didn't tell me anything. She didn't want to say until the lab results come back. I was doing some internet perusing when I came across IBD.

signature.jpg

*sigh* Heard from the vet today. It's gastrointestinal lymphoma and it's pretty advanced. I wish I could say I am suprised, but I'm not.

We'll keep giving her the food until she tells us she's ready to go. She lays around a lot but still perks up when people come into the room. Still wants to be loved on.

Edited by Ozziemydoggy

signature.jpg