Update Of Peace/surgery/anal Tumor

Guest wjamg

Guest wjamg

Peace is having a really hard time since surgery Tuesday to remove a tumor. I called the vet this afternoon to see her because she hasn't gone to the bathroom yet but leaked diarrhea several times today, She seems to be in a great deal of pain so I wanted her to see the vet for a check-up.

The vet said she was just going to call me, the biopsy came back benign!!!

No cancer!! so this terrible healing process I can handle, my girl is miserable but she'll be okay in a week or so the vet said.

Thanks to everyone for their well wishes and prayers for my girl.

The vet sent me home with tramadol and novox. She was on just novox. The tramadol is 50mg, and the script says I can give 3 or 4 pills twice a day..this seems like a lot, Peace is a big female, 66pds any thought of 3 or 4 pills for her?

Right now she is laying on her bed beside me with my hubbys boxers on her, she needs some frilly pink ones~

Guest GentleHugs

Happy news that the tumor was benign! :D

So sorry to hear she's having a difficult time after surgery though. Poor baby.... :(

I hope she feels better soon.

Hooray for the benign report!! Mandy is on Tramadol, my vet told me she can take up to 3 pills 3x day for the pain in her feet and back. She weighs 63 pounds.

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

Guest Energy11

WOW! Glad it is BENIGN!!!

Max, who was 78 pounds, only took THREE Tramadol a day with 75 mg of Deramaxx, and that was for his Osteo pain.

I thought the Tramadol dosing was roughly 50 mg per 30 - 35 lbs, so yes, 3 - 4 sounds like a lot. There is also frequency to consider - it can be given every 8h, but using the lower dosing protocol (100 mg in your case, or 2 pills). Disclaimer: not a vet, just had to give it to my dogs for different issues, and the foregoing seemed to be the norm.

:yay Good news!!! If it were me I'd give her the vet reccomended doseage because I would think that type of surgery WOULD be very painful. I know you don't want her to be in unnecessary pain. If she get's too groggy back off and give 1 tramadol twice a day.

Guest greymama002

Hurray :yay:clap that the tumor was Benign! Hopefully Peace will soon be feeling much better! Hugs & Scritches to the sweet girl!

Guest IrskasMom

Peace Honey ..... your Mama is doing everything to make you feel better soon. You just get better and keep on smiling :grouphug

Guest vahoundlover

Poor baby girl :( I can imagine how uncomfortable Peace is, I fell last week and have a huge bruise on my tuckus... I am such a klutz! :lol

:yay benign :yay

Joseph, who is @ 70 lbs., was pretty zoned out on 50mg Tramadol twice a day, so I would start at the lowest dose.

Hope your girl heals quickly. Benign is a wonderful thing. :)

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:yay Benign! :yay

Cora, ~ 66 lbs at the time, was on 50 mg 3 X / day, which for convenience I changed to 75 mg 2 X / day. It didn't seem to have much impact on her. Nor help much, for that matter. When we discussed dosages, the vet said she could have quite a bit more than 150 mg / day.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest ChasesMum

I think George got 100mg every 8 hours for 2 days then 50mg every 6 hours and reduced as he felt better.

what about asking the vet about metamucil or something...or a stool softener? I know she has diarrhea but fiber would help bulk it up and keep things soft? I dunno, just what popped into my brain.