Kane (12/6/2002 - 7/18/2009)

Guest Speedhoundz

Guest Speedhoundz

I've been delayed in posting in this forum, partly because it was too painful to do so at the time, and partly because I didn't know how I could possibly come up with words that would do Kane justice. I finally realized that I can't; there's just no way I can convey how special he was and how much he meant to us.

We set Kane free from his pain 1 month after his osteo diagnosis. We could no longer keep him comfortable with pain medications, and we didn't want him to suffer a moment longer than necessary.

Kane was our goofy, loveable, and, at times, grumpy old man (at the ripe 'ole age of 6!). He was a lover of all things edible--we'd always say he'd eat anything and ask questions later--and had a penchant for fuzzy objects, pens and pencils, and bichons (but *not* in an 'I want to eat you' kind of way). He loved to do zoomies in our living room and watch The Cooking Show, as we called it, lying patiently outside our kitchen, desperately hoping for some tastey morsels of whatever we were preparing for dinner that night. Car rides really got him revved up, but it wasn't the destination that was important so much as the actual ride. He was most comfortable at home with us, and he thrived on a predictable routine.

I could go on and on, but instead I hope this video can better display his incredible personality and the love we had and will always have for our boy. Be sure to crank up your sound for the full effect! The video guest-stars several of the fosters Kane helped us break in, plus his cousin Libby the Lab.

Run free, our sweet Kane. We miss you every day.

Kane's Tribute Video

Edited by Speedhoundz

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry. I have always had a secret crush on Kane - that beautiful face with the eyes that speak to you. Your tribute was as beautiful as he is.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest myIrishlass

Thank you for posting such a sweet and touching tribute. Your Kane was loved so much, and that seemed to radiate from him!

Guest IrskasMom

Beautiful Tribute to a Beautiful Boy ! There are just no Words to make the Pain any Less . I am so sorry. :f_red:grouphug

Edited by IrskasMom

I am so very sorry for your loss. Take comfort in knowing that your sweet boy is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind.

I do hate cancer.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I am so sorry for your loss of Kane. I've always thought he was one of the most beautiful hounds on GT.

Although his time on this earth was short, he couldn't have been more loved by you and your husband.

I had to go back and look at those wonderful photos you had done in your recent photoshoot...he was so gorgeous and sweet!

I am keeping Kane and all who loved him in my prayers.

Godspeed, handsome boy.

:grouphug:f_red:gh_run

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest jettcricket

My heart hurts with yours....such a beautiful boy. :( I know my babies, Jett and Cricket, where there to welcome Kane into Paradise....

Sending you comforting, healing thoughts and white light. :f_red

Guest Javagirl

What a beautiful Video.

Your boy sounds like Laddie is the image of him. We've called him a curmudgeon from the age of 4 or "mature" for his age (he's 5), in addition to all the other details. I am so very sorry for your loss. No more pain, just freedom.

:( Far too young. I'm so sorry. He certainly was beautiful and obviously a great character.

f_yellow:f_white:brokenheart:grouphug:brokenheart:f_whitef_yellow

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I am so sorry for your loss. It's just not right that Kane should have left you so soon. Your tribute was so full of life & love - a wonderful portrait of a very special boy. Godspeed Kane! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I am very sorry for your loss of your sweet boy Kane. He is gone far too young.

Run free Kane, run free... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Your boy was taken far too young, but you have honored him with a beautiful tribute.

I just noticed-he had the same birthdate as my girl. Godspeed, Kane. Run like the wind.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson