Prayers For A Friend's Grey

Guest Energy11

Guest Energy11

Hello, Everyone.

I am posting for a good friend of mine, Judi, who lives in Tarboro, NC. She has two senior greys and a senior "mutt."

I just got off the phone with her. Her one girl, Goldie, 10, who has history of arthritis and high blood pressure, controlled by Enalapril 30 mg/daily, has been lethargic all day. This evening, she ate, went out for her walk, and all was well. According to Judi, "all of a sudden," Goldie lost the use of her back legs. She called me to ask what I thought.

My first thought was stroke, with the history of high blood pressure, and I asked her to check Goldie's pupils, which were large and sluggish to light. I also told her it could be neurological or something spinal. Hard to call.

Anyway, I told her I'd post this on GT and ask for your prayers for her and Goldie. She is opting to take Goldie into her regular vets, early in the morning, unless something changes. Goldie is resting, without apparent discomfort. I did advise her to go to the Evet, but she says she'd rather wait to see Dr. Greg, unless something changes.

As always, my phone is on all night, and at the head of my bed, so she can call if needed.

I hope you will send Goldie and Judi all your prayers and good wishes, because, we all know the "Power or Greytalk!"

:wub::getwell:candle:hope:hope

Thank you! Dee

Could be an FCE (fibrocartilaginous embolism), where a chunk of cartilage breaks loose and acts as a plastic embolus. For some reason, it frequently gets stuck at a point where it paralyzes the legs, although it can be much "higher" than that.

http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&A=1663

Coco (Maze Cocodrillo)

Minerva (Kid's Snipper)

Guest Energy11
Could be an FCE (fibrocartilaginous embolism), where a chunk of cartilage breaks loose and acts as a plastic embolus. For some reason, it frequently gets stuck at a point where it paralyzes the legs, although it can be much "higher" than that.

http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&A=1663

I mentioned that to her as a possibility. I know Goldie is already at Dr. Greg's, which is a good thing! I will let you know what they find. Thanks for your input :-)))

Sending prayers her vet can see her early today and is able to help Goldie. Will be watching for updates.

Thank you! She is already at Dr. Greg's. I will keep you all posted. Judi is a lovely elderly lady, very very lovely, and loves her babies soooo much!

Guest Energy11
Thinking of Goldie and her mom this am. Let us know Dee, we're hoping for a good update on this little girl

I will let you know as soon as I find out! Thanks for all your good wishes! D

Guest KyGrey

I am just now seeing this and want to add my well wishes for this little girl.

Sending lots and lots of prayers and good thoughts.

Any updates?

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson