Penny Losing Ground - She Has Tomorrow To Rally

Guest Tuxsmom

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would she be able to tolerate Ensure? I've seen vanilla flavor recommended. :) I may have missed it - what is she on for her stomach - sucralfate-(carafate) ? Did she get a shot of anything for her tummy today?

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Sending many thoughts and prayers for you and Penny!!!!! :grouphug:grouphug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest Tuxsmom
Would she be able to tolerate Ensure? I've seen vanilla flavor recommended. :) I may have missed it - what is she on for her stomach - sucralfate-(carafate) ? Did she get a shot of anything for her tummy today?

She did get a shot of something for her tummy. I can't remember the name of it. Vet gave one kind yesterday (along with carafate) and a different one today (and carafate). i'll find out the names when i get the bill tomorrow

guess what... Penny just ate about 2 cups of Science Diet Sensitive Stomach dry food soaked in warm water until very soft.

do you guys think that she is just so miserable at the vets all day that she sort of regresses in her healing? she is so sensitive to any environment but our house. i cannot take her anywhere without her being miserable and nervous.

food has been down for 1 hour. :hope ing it stays down

She did get a shot of something for her tummy. I can't remember the name of it. Vet gave one kind yesterday (along with carafate) and a different one today (and carafate). i'll find out the names when i get the bill tomorrow

guess what... Penny just ate about 2 cups of Science Diet Sensitive Stomach dry food soaked in warm water until very soft.

do you guys think that she is just so miserable at the vets all day that she sort of regresses in her healing? she is so sensitive to any environment but our house. i cannot take her anywhere without her being miserable and nervous.

:yay:yay:yay This is great!

And yes, I believe she can regress because of staying at the vet's

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

whoa, what an emotional roller coaster you've been on! one cup is good, as is poop :yay

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest Energy11

Yes, MOST DEFINITELY, she could be upset from being at the vets. I know Curfew was a MESS when he stayed overnight after his stroke last Sept. NEVER again. He will be home with me.

STRESS can aggrevate ulcers, too! VERY cool that she is eating! She needs the strength, and let's HOPE she keeps it down! :-)) How is that tail?

Guest GreytMuse

A small step forward is still in the right direction. :yay Pooping and eating are HUGE good things!

Steven's last ultrasound at an e-vet was $169.

I agree that many greys (and other dogs) just plain hate being away from home and at the vets, so regression while there could certainly be a possibility. Please continue to keep the updates coming -- we're worrying and praying right here alongside you. We know the frustration and level of worry you are experiencing.

You tell that beautiful girl of yours that we are all pulling for her. We're pulling for both of you.

I've been on that rollercoaster, and I know what it does to you, so remember please...take care of yourself as well. That's important!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Maybe cerenia? That's wonderful that she's eaten something (& keeping it down). My girl was always very nervous at the vets - she would never have eaten anything there. Hoping for another peaceful, healing night's sleep.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest Energy11
You tell that beautiful girl of yours that we are all pulling for her. We're pulling for both of you.

I've been on that rollercoaster, and I know what it does to you, so remember please...take care of yourself as well. That's important!

Soooo true! When Curfew was going through, whatever had has/had, I was up every two hours, everynight for almost a month. I KNOW what this is like, and yes, YOU NEED to take care of yourself, too. We do love you! D

:yay:yay:yay This is great!

And yes, I believe she can regress because of staying at the vet's

Oh, that is good news!

:nod I agree with Claudia about getting worse at the vet's office. If humans can get worse in hospitals because they are noisy, you get no rest and you're not at home, it's hard to heal in a hospital. I firmly believe the same is true for dogs as well.

Congrats on the good poop!

We're pulling for you and Penny. Many prayers for the two of you.

P.S. I'd also be asking the vet about a transfusion.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Wow, just seeing this thread about your girl. It sounds like she is fighting some and I will pray for the two of you

tonight. I agree about regressing at the vet's office also.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Just to elaborate on something I said earlier, I wasn't thinking of your vet holding a grudge so much. More like sometimes I see vets get lost when they can't do the procedure or take the step that is most likely to shed light on the situation and illluminate the way forward. If they can't do the best thing, and they're scared, they are afraid the next best thing or the third best thing won't work, and they don't suggest it. Just being human.

An ultrasound could show a lot. Spencer had one a few months ago. It was $400, but this is Seattle and everything's ridiculously expensive. On top of that, the radiologist that performed it looked minutely at EVERY internal organ south of his throat. They were able to see tiny structures in the walls of the small intestine, for crying out loud, as well as minor abnormalities in his stomach. So I'm guessing that a quicky of the stomach could show what's what and probably for lots less than $400. Just offering this for comparison.

People here were kind enough to ride the roller coaster with Spencer and I and I'm sure we're not the only ones happy to pay it forward. :) Today's developments are encouraging! Keep us posted.

Praying for you!

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Hey 1 cup is better than nothing! I'm so glad to hear she's keeping it down. Some hounds do worse at the vet's, unfortunately sometimes it's necessary.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest lynne893
I don't know where this is heading but I will say that you and sweet Penny will be in my thoughts and prayers for as long as you need them.

Ditto.

You're both in my thoughts, Tux. You and Penny. Keep us posted.

I have no ideas to throw your way but I do have a ton of prayers to send :hope:candle:hope:candle:hope:candle:hope:candle:hope

Edited by jamngrey

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

How's Penny doing this morning? As others have said, she might make more improvements being at home. The updates have been very encouraging. All my thoughts and good wishes to you and Penny for her to continue healing.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest PhillyPups
How's Penny doing this morning? As others have said, she might make more improvements being at home. The updates have been very encouraging. All my thoughts and good wishes to you and Penny for her to continue healing.

Exactly what Fiona3 said. :hope

I hope Penny is doing better this morning! Sending hugs and healing warm love her way!

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

Guest Tuxsmom

she kept her food down all night :yay

i just gave her some water and she threw a little bit of it back up. not much, just a tiny gag. i'm thinking that's not so much of a big deal right now.

i am going to take her back to vets today. vet says if it is an ulcer (most likely) that they can be unpredictable and Penny really needs to be around someone even if she's miserable.. just in case of emergency. i agree. at least this time she will be going with something in her belly.

gonna see if she will eat a breakfast...about half what i normally feed her.

thank you so much everyone :grouphug

Checking in on Penny. Hoping she had a good night.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson